NORTH SENTINEL IS FIRING

JJJJS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 2, 2017
Totally bro. The founding fathers knew.
This country was started by people who were into aliens, man. George Washington, man. He was in a cult. And the cult was into aliens, man. You didn't know that?
I'm afraid to say I didn't know that. Thanks for enlightening me. I feel existentially reassured.

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
According to his journal, John Chau met with the natives on the beach. He pulled out his Bible to try to teach them about it. A kid shot an arrow at him, but the arrow hit his Bible. His Bible saved him. I suppose he thought that was a good omen that God was looking over him. He wrote about the encounter in his journal. Next day he went back for more and got killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSC

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
John Chau's met with the natives on the beach. He pulled out his bible to try to teach them about it. A kid shot an arrow at him, but the arrow hit his bible. His bible saved him. I suppose he thought that was a good omen that God was looking over him. He wrote about the encounter in his journal. Next day he went back for more and got killed.

Yes, John Allen Chau thought since he was saved by his Bible from an arrow on his first encounter with the North Sentinelese, that he was under God's protection and went back and instigated another encounter which did not go very well.

He was quite delusional and as a result, got himself killed.

If you are interested in the mentality of these sort of people, Peter Matthiessen wrote a very good novel about them, missionaries and mercenaries. The setting is the South American frontier where there are (by far) the largest number of uncontacted tribal groups anywhere in the world, but it could be North Sentinel.

https://www.amazon.com/Play-Fields-Lord-Peter-Matthiessen/dp/0679737413

Reactions: Aquaman2

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
how u gonna teach em about jesus when u dont speak their language?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Think about how crazy the whole missionary mind set really is.

They are SO SURE that their god is the only god, that they need(Ed) to sail off around the globe, losing perhaps 50% of their little deluded group of bible thumpers on the journey alone. Then they make it to New Guinea or some other tropical death zone and start waving that little book around, all the time perhaps wondering why god continues to allow your fellow missionaries to die like flies from any number of tropical threats. All while you continue to flap your gums and try to convince a bunch of islanders that your little book is the only way to salvation

humans are capable of fascinating and terrifying levels of group self delusion.

ok I’ll take myself to the politics forum

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Think about how crazy the whole missionary mind set really is.

They are SO SURE that their god is the only god, that they need(Ed) to sail off around the globe, losing perhaps 50% of their little deluded group of bible thumpers on the journey alone. Then they make it to New Guinea or some other tropical death zone and start waving your little book around, all the time perhaps wondering why god continues to allow your fellow missionaries to die like flies from any number of tropical threats. All while you continue to flap your gums and try to convince a bunch of islanders that your little book is the only way to salvation

humans are capable of fascinating and terrifying levels of group self delusion.

ok I’ll take myself to the politics firum
Old school cold calling. If you're a salesman you need to believe in your product. I shouldn't have to tell you, of all people, this.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Old school cold calling. If you're a salesman you need to believe in your product. I shouldn't have to tell you, of all people, this.
ah, yes sensei, but i DO believe in my product(s) because it is tangible, prove-able, measurable, it actually EXISTS, and it works great for pretty much any type of client. And it makes me a tangible bunch of money...

Unlike the missionary's product, mine is not a fairy tale beaten into me by predatory homosexual monks

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
ah, yes sensei, but i DO believe in my product(s) because it is tangible, prove-able, measurable, it actually EXISTS, and it works great for pretty much any type of client. And it makes me a tangible bunch of money...

Unlike the missionary's product, mine is not a fairy tale beaten into me by predatory homosexual monks
What exactly is it that you produce? Would I likely have something in my household that you produce?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What exactly is it that you produce? Would I likely have something in my household that you produce?
no. But we used to have an office in Mexico City until we sold off our entire Latin America division

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Were she still alive to see it, Kate would have loved this shuttle wrap
3428306 Kate Spade BC10 New York Subway Brand Train 2022.09.01 30.jpg

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
no. But we used to have an office in Mexico City until we sold off our entire Latin America division
It may surprise you but there's lots of stuff available here that isn't made here. I'm just wondering if anything you've ever produced falls into that category.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It may surprise you but there's lots of stuff available here that isn't made here. I'm just wondering if anything you've ever produced falls into that category.
i don't produce anything except revenue

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
“The Great Andamanese tribes of India’s Andaman Islands were decimated by disease when the British colonised the islands in the 1800s. The most recent to be pushed into extinction was the Bo tribe, whose last member died [in 2010]. The only way the Andamanese authorities can prevent the annihilation of another tribe is to ensure North Sentinel Island is protected from outsiders.”

Reactions: JSC

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
The Sentinelese know how to party...

Their Baffling Beach Orgies
Indian anthropologist Triloknath Pandit made several attempts at peaceful contact. When his frightening vessel approached the territory of the Sentinelese, the crew initially threw fish in order to appease them.

The Sentinelese aimed their arrows by running into the waves when the vessel reached their shore. What manifested on the beach was a murky glimpse of their culture where a female claimed a warrior for her and sat in the sand, ensconced in a passionate embrace.

All the other female members followed suit in the spontaneous beach orgy.
Sources are yet to corroborate whether this act of communal mating was in the heat of the moment or something which the Sentinelese women exercised, calming their men who turned violent and hostile. [4]

Eunice would go. :dancing: