Nicaragua travel update

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
So what are the rules for flying in/out of Nica?
If flying into MGA on Avianca, I believe it's negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure, and submitted to Avianca before 36 hours before departure. And, fill out some online forms. It seems that some people do the work, and then they don't get approved to fly for some reason. Flying from MGA appears to be negative PCR test taken in Managua, as Subway mentioned, within 72 hours of departure, and filling out some forms. I think that's it.

I understand Liberia may be easier, but you have to get covid insurance and maybe take a negative test at Liberia before crossing border. I know less about this path.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Kennedy with a short stop in San Salvador. Avianca blows and I heard they are going bankrupt any day now. We were in biz class both ways. On the way home, the longer flight from San Salvador to jfk- the overhead lighting was stuck in the on position. Not the best way to get some sleep on a red eye.

Reactions: mundus

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Any walk in clinic can do them now and turn around in a day or two, if you say it’s for travel
sorry maybe thats just here

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Snagged a few good ones in the DOH range yesterday at spot that can handle size. Was having a pretty good session until i got absolutely smoked by an easy 10' clean up set .... took 4 on the head and rag dolled. LOL Today was smaller - in the OH+ range but breaking more top to bottom and cleaner. This last pulse was bigger down south than up in the Popoyo area ... there was also a ton of current. Next pulse coming tomorrow appears to be more of a south angle ... hopefully with less current.

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
Any walk in clinic can do them now and turn around in a day or two, if you say it’s for travel
sorry maybe thats just here
Subway - did yours just have letterhead and a Dr.'s signature? I've been hearing rumors that maybe QR codes are required (maybe that's just to go through Costa Rica). It seems like there's a gap in what Avianca says is required and what is being accepted. I still try to understand why some people don't make the list of approved passengers when they upload their information correctly. Like, I think you said that happened to your wife. I mean seriously, you do the same thing for 2 individuals, and 1 gets rejected. Completely stupid.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
How is internet speed around Popoyo, especially at the surf camps? I may have to appear in court on a Zoom call during the time I'm thinking about going down there.

Reactions: JDJ

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Salvador to jfk- the overhead lighting was stuck in the on position. Not the best way to get some sleep on a red eye.

Wat brah? No moa duct tape, la dat? :nana:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Salvador to jfk- the overhead lighting was stuck in the on position. Not the best way to get some sleep on a red eye.

Wat brah? No moa duct tape, la dat? :nana:
I offered to help fix it but an air Marshall stopped me

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
In southern Nica right now. Staying at https://nicasurf.com/

I could not recommend this place more highly. It’s the best surf camp experience by far, in terms of customer service, comfort, and how dialed Mike makes the experience. I crossed by land through Costa Rica.
Sweet!!! Forecast is looking good for the next 5 days or so .... should start picking up late afternoon and into tomorrow morning. MagicSeaweed has it at 4'-6' for the next 3 days and then slowly backing down. Surfline has it at 5'-8'. Wind is looking good as well.

Reactions: JDJ

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
I'm also seeing now that to get back to the US, it looks like the eMed Abbot Bimax home antigen test is accepted by the airlines instead of having to get a PCR test. I'm going to give that a try when I go; if it works, it will save me a lot of time and money. If it doesn't, then I guess I have a couple extra days in Managua.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I'm also seeing now that to get back to the US, it looks like the eMed Abbot Bimax home antigen test is accepted by the airlines instead of having to get a PCR test. I'm going to give that a try when I go; if it works, it will save me a lot of time and money. If it doesn't, then I guess I have a couple extra days in Managua.
could you keep me posted on the details of this action?

Reactions: scdad