NFL assumes black people are naturally dumber...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
...requiring that retired black players score lower than whites on cognitive ability tests to get a payout from the brain injury settlement....

No need for me to comment. It speaks for itself....

Former players who suffer dementia or other diagnoses can be eligible for a payout.

Under the settlement, however, the NFL has insisted on using a scoring algorithm on the dementia testing that assumes Black men start with lower cognitive skills. They must therefore score much lower than whites to show enough mental decline to win an award. The practice, which went unnoticed until 2018, has made it harder for Black former players to get awards.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the invisible hand....profit motive!

I would have loved to have heard the conversations they had about this....the comments
in the code must be gold

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
the invisible hand....profit motive!

I would have loved to have heard the conversations they had about this....the comments
in the code must be gold
The practice is actually relatively common in the medical community because on average
black people have lower IQ scores than white people.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The official position of the left is that voter ID laws are racist.
There is some truth to that because most poor people are non whites. And the ID laws hurt poor people for no reason, other than to make it harder fro them to vote.

But it's all in the slant.

I don't think playing the race card is smart.

But the right is playing that same card to make their power grab.

Last edited:
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There is some truth to that because most poor people are non whites. And the ID laws hurt poor people for no reason, other than to make it harder fro them to vote.

But it's all in the slant.

I don't think playing the race card is smart.

But the right is playing that same card to make their power grab.
Simple solution- make ID "free," we already pay enough taxes

The fact any IDs/licenses/permits cost a fee show that these things are more about fundraising than gatekeeping