News sources

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Where do a lot of erbber's get their news from

Not gonna lie , I have not really been a fan of politics or the news in general ( just do me ) but lately its coming at me from every possible angle .

It seams that the media is crazy and feed you the same news just from different peoples crazy opinions .

Do fact / statistic based news sources exist ? News that does not have a political agenda?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I don’t think there’s any agenda free news unfortunately

best to read a variety of sources across the political spectrum

the things they report in common are most likely closest to the truth

but you have to wade through a lot of BS and there is an innate human tendency to only want to read those who reaffirm your existing assumptions

or you could just read erbb politics, in which you will receive only the most extreme and deranged perspectives :)

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Good point G,

I spent 2 weeks off work and the large amount of info coming into my head was giving me anxiety . not sleeping well and always clinching my jaw .

Back to being an osterich and leaving my head in the sand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
For every story there is a counter story.

Trump eliminated the pandemic response team.

No he didn't. He fired the leadership team.

Trump mishandled the crisis.

The states mishandled the crisis.

Wheelhouse

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 13, 2013
For every story there is a counter story.

Trump eliminated the pandemic response team.

No he didn't. He fired the leadership team.

Trump mishandled the crisis.

The states mishandled the crisis.
dont get your news from this guy for sure.

Reactions: Autoprax

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
It's all slanted, preconceived ideas..
One thing I've learned is that Garcetti is the woman in the relationship

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
There are no good news sources and few trust the ones that exist.

The best things I've found are the interviews with actual scientists (Dr. Brix is good, Dr. Levitt, Dr. Ioannidis) and those familiar with data with training logic, math and statistics.

The news has every financial incentive to create hysteria to drive up page views. Their share of ad revenue has been shrinking versus Google and Facebook for a long time.

Lack of good news is a big problem no one knows how to solve. The best thing you can do is train yourself how to think

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Where do a lot of erbber's get their news from

Not gonna lie , I have not really been a fan of politics or the news in general ( just do me ) but lately its coming at me from every possible angle .

It seams that the media is crazy and feed you the same news just from different peoples crazy opinions .

Do fact / statistic based news sources exist ? News that does not have a political agenda?
I agree with G for most scenarios. I've travelled for a week or two, kept my head in the sand and nothing changes. News is mostly a vessel for companies to promote there agenda. There is some "truth" but mostly it the the political angle of the station. Try to balance fox and CNN, obtain new from different sources. I like to look to BBC, NPR and al-jezzeria to see different viewpoints of the same thing.

Most daily news doesn't matter or affect our lives at all. The best news to read is probably your local paper.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
There are no good news sources and few trust the ones that exist.

The best things I've found are the interviews with actual scientists (Dr. Brix is good, Dr. Levitt, Dr. Ioannidis) and those familiar with data with training logic, math and statistics.

The news has every financial incentive to create hysteria to drive up page views. Their share of ad revenue has been shrinking versus Google and Facebook for a long time.

Lack of good news is a big problem no one knows how to solve. The best thing you can do is train yourself how to think

Ioannidis is a freakin genius!

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Trips me out ..... How the phuck did this become

Media is bullchit
Politics a joke
Fear based reporting with tons of fingerprinting
Lies are spouted at will

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status