New Tomo Website...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Tomo Surfboards

After all that wait, it's a bit disappointing. Looks a bit snazzier, but plenty of grammar mistakes...haha!

Also, it just kind of regurgitates the blurb on the Firewire site for Tomo's boards - Nano, V4, Vader, Vanguard, Evo. Where's the info on all the other wacky shapes like the Psyko, Golden Mean Machine, Dribble Whisperer? Nothing on those new more pointy things he's been showing off on Instagram either...

Thoughts?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
shikaka said:
My guess is Tomo could care less about that website and it shows.
Yeah, but it must have cost a few $$$, so they could have at least made it a bit more informative...

It seems like it's just there to push the Firewire boards anyway...

gbarsby3

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 15, 2012
All emphasis on boards in lft tech and models being mass produced...

Nothing on ds, sci phi, vector, hydrofoils, psyko etc...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
gbarsby3 said:
All emphasis on boards in lft crap tech and models being mass produced...

Nothing on ds, sci phi, vector, hydrofoils, psyko etc...
Yeah, what's the point of it? There's nothing new...same Instagram shots and all those boards have the same notes on the FW site. The dims for the Evo are interesting - they're different than the FW Japan's dims...Probably just another mistake...

gbarsby3

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 15, 2012
If Evo was being made in FST I'd buy one...

Website is a step up from the last one... However I wish they'd have put more emphasis on the evolution of Tomos designs as well as prototypes...
Also more feedback on each model and what they excel in instead of basically 2-6ft bb and hollow waves for every design...

Again it's a step foward and was just launched so maybe all these things are still to come.... And maybe an Evo in FST as well....

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
gbarsby3 said:
If Evo was being made in FST I'd buy one...

Website is a step up from the last one... However I wish they'd have put more emphasis on the evolution of Tomos designs as well as prototypes...
Also more feedback on each model and what they excel in instead of basically 2-6ft bb and hollow waves for every design...

Again it's a step foward and was just launched so maybe all these things are still to come.... And maybe an Evo in FST as well....
FST Vaders and Evos would be awesome, but I don't think it's happening. Don't know why, but I've heard some fluffy stuff about LFT being more performance-orientated and alive. Means nothing to me. I went ahead and ordered a 5'4 LFT Vader anyway...I'll give it a try...

Does the FW Evo seem any different from your Evos?

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
I had an LFT board for a few days recently, I have to say I really liked the ride but i would kill it in a very short time, five sessions and I gave it some pretty decent tail cancer.

Shame as I know a ton of people who'd buy vaders/evos if they're in fst.

gbarsby3

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 15, 2012
Evo dims on the ws are much narrower than the XTR evos I've gotten.... The 55 19 2.5 I have is perfect, wouldn't change a thing on those dims, board is a considerably better paddler than vader/vg imo....

Flex on the lft is good- springs out of turns and feel good under feet... However I feel like they replaced rapid-fire with LFT to have a more durable surfboard comparatively while maintaining comprable flex and performance... Unfortunately the vg i had in lft buckled twice(in two different places) and since then I've had one buddy buckle is vader in average surf (2weeks old) and another with paw prints all over the bottom of the board from duck diving...(cosmetic I know but still a board with 3x on it should not have those issues imo)... FWIW I think FST is a solid build and was stoked on my vg FST....

barrysnyder

Michael Peterson status
Apr 27, 2011
Oceanside Ca.
Visit site
Havoc_Bro said:
Retropete said:
I just read that xtr foam is waterproof which is nice to know.
also resin proof haha. delamo
The reason closed cell foam has not been popular with surfboard builders is the delaminations or bubbles that occurred mainly right under the front foot before ThermoVent was introduced by Epoxy Pro in 2001..

Epoxy Pro has a patent pending system called THERMOVENTING that solves the delamination problem 100%.

Thermoventing aka open holes poked thru glassjob.
Strange concept for surfboard consumers.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
gbarsby3 said:
Evo dims on the ws are much narrower than the XTR evos I've gotten.... The 55 19 2.5 I have is perfect, wouldn't change a thing on those dims, board is a considerably better paddler than vader/vg imo....

Flex on the lft is good- springs out of turns and feel good under feet... However I feel like they replaced rapid-fire with LFT to have a more durable surfboard comparatively while maintaining comprable flex and performance... Unfortunately the vg i had in lft buckled twice(in two different places) and since then I've had one buddy buckle is vader in average surf (2weeks old) and another with paw prints all over the bottom of the board from duck diving...(cosmetic I know but still a board with 3x on it should not have those issues imo)... FWIW I think FST is a solid build and was stoked on my vg FST....
Yeah, a lot of people are saying LFT = Rapidfire, but I've still gone ahead and ordered one. Its first run out will probably be in thumping Sumatran beach break barrels and reefs, so it's gonna be fun to see what those types of waves do to it... :foreheadslap:

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
might be ok! I found rapidfire to be really good when i owned a potatonator - i flogged that board and it held up pretty good. I love the look of the evo - firewire reckons it has a 1-5ft range - tomo 2-6ft. Wonder how well it will grovel?

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
Bman76 said:
might be ok! I found rapidfire to be really good when i owned a potatonator - i flogged that board and it held up pretty good. I love the look of the evo - firewire reckons it has a 1-5ft range - tomo 2-6ft. Wonder how well it will grovel?
Friend of mine has a 3 year old potatosomething in rapidfire that's heeld up pretty well, guess it's just the luck of the draw.
The vader I Felt up at the weekend looked really fuggin nice I have to say, far nicer than the vanguard ever did imo, if it was fst if buy one no problem, even at full retail!!

kookycooky

Nep status
Sep 5, 2014
I think XTR is just as durable as FST.

My friend's XTR lost board looks brand new, and that thing is over 5 years old. Given that he stopped riding them about 3 years ago but still, his XTR board has been through 2 years of usage and not even a pressure ding.

I've just rode FST for the first time yesterday, and I don't think I'm ever going back to normal PU board again.