New Chillis, rarest bird and hot knife

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
would also like to know people's thoughts on the Peppa Twin if anyone's got one..

Oct 25, 2019
Are the poly builds in North American at least decent? Heard some issues with the Aussie ones.

Looking at a Volume 2 as a DD for average waves if anyone has an opinion on that.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Are the poly builds in North American at least decent? Heard some issues with the Aussie ones.

Looking at a Volume 2 as a DD for average waves if anyone has an opinion on that.
My USA built Faded 2.0 Gun seems decently built so far but it's probably got a bit more glass than a standard board.

Only two sessions but I really like the design so far.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo

I’m pretty sure Jose Barahona and his team in Hermosa are doing a good percentage of domestic Chilli’s. They’re solid builds. I can only comment on the PU’s.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
My USA built Faded 2.0 Gun seems decently built so far but it's probably got a bit more glass than a standard board.

Only two sessions but I really like the design so far.
Ever ridden the standard dim Faded 2.0 version? I haven't seen any in person and wondering how the rocker/foam distribution compares to a ghost. My ghost is pretty beat up and most likely I will replace it with a fresh one, but the standard dim faded 2.0 has me a little curious also.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Ever ridden the standard dim Faded 2.0 version? I haven't seen any in person and wondering how the rocker/foam distribution compares to a ghost. My ghost is pretty beat up and most likely I will replace it with a fresh one, but the standard dim faded 2.0 has me a little curious also.
Negative. The Faded Gun is the only Chili I've ridden and to be honest I rarely see the boards out in the real world. I did recently surfed with a woman who was riding the OG Black Vulture and she was a big fan. I got to feel it up and it definitely passed the fondle test.

I'm curious to try more Chili boards in the future with the BV2 and Faded 2.0 being the most interesting ones to me at this point.

Reactions: trifish

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Negative. The Faded Gun is the only Chili I've ridden and to be honest I rarely see the boards out in the real world. I did recently surfed with a woman who was riding the OG Black Vulture and she was a big fan. I got to feel it up and it definitely passed the fondle test.
So you got to feel up a strange woman's black vulture. Hope your wife doesn't find out about this.
:dancing:

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
This is funny to read, with the boards in this post sitting around collecting dust. They’re fun when the stars align, but the surf here on the central coast is pretty much always for shlt so i ride my beater simmons thing every time.

I just like bigger boards. I’m a good surfer, physically lucky af and in better shape than most people could get in with any amount of training, but it doesn’t matter. i’d rather work less and ride more waves. More foam. Pancho sullivan style from here out.

Reactions: JDJ

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Anybody with a bv2 with thoughts on it?
Got one on the way, friend loves his, said he liked the original even better though. Mine will be in the Twin tech, I think it's called, and at my height. Will report.

Seems similar to lost 96, Paul from Chilli said more performance oriented less fishy

Reactions: Aruka and trifish

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Got one on the way, friend loves his, said he liked the original even better though. Mine will be in the Twin tech, I think it's called, and at my height. Will report.

Seems similar to lost 96, Paul from Chilli said more performance oriented less fishy
I ended up ordering this bv2 last year with xtr. Its a fun board that works most days. I find it to paddle extremely well, catches waves easy, and generates speed easy. Kind of a board to grab that will work in a good amount of conditions. My biggest complaint is really just the way I sized it. This is the only Chilli i've had, but 33L feels like more compared to all my other boards. I just wish it had less float in it. I been on the fence about having them remake it with less but not sure if it bothers me enough. Also it is in a boxing match with my Aipa dark twin at the moment and they are neck and neck. Been trying to figure out which to keep and which to let go but its been a tough call. Probably just end up keeping both, haha

1707515947489.png

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Looks nice! I actually oversized mine a little on purpose to add a little paddle power and crowd kill, likely mission accomplished! I know Chilly rails are always low and I am accustomed to a lot of foam so should fit well, for me...cant wait to find out :)

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I ended up ordering this bv2 last year with xtr. Its a fun board that works most days. I find it to paddle extremely well, catches waves easy, and generates speed easy. Kind of a board to grab that will work in a good amount of conditions. My biggest complaint is really just the way I sized it. This is the only Chilli i've had, but 33L feels like more compared to all my other boards. I just wish it had less float in it. I been on the fence about having them remake it with less but not sure if it bothers me enough. Also it is in a boxing match with my Aipa dark twin at the moment and they are neck and neck. Been trying to figure out which to keep and which to let go but its been a tough call. Probably just end up keeping both, haha

View attachment 172474
for a chilli that’s a pretty flat nose rocker. Looks fun, might get a fat one myself

Reactions: chilly1 and trifish

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
a little paddle power and crowd kill, likely mission accomplished!
Yeh that was the first thing that got my attention. Paddling out I was like....dang this board paddles really well for what it is. Has sort of a flattish deck to it that makes it feel a little bigger than it is also under chest. I had stuck a tp twin+trailer set in it and haven't really had much reason to change it.

Reactions: Aruka and chilly1