Jan 16, 2002
How do you know so many people?

You're a statistical outlier
My wife works
My kids have friends with parents
We’ve lived in the neighborhood for 25 years
We have cousins
We have family friends
These are the relationships that we know multiple people, mostly not the disposables, who lost the Covid lottery

I realize is was not like this in California

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
My wife works
We have cousins
These are the relationships that we know multiple people, mostly not the disposables, who lost the Covid lottery

I have all of those things except for the long time in one neighborhood

But then again am i a statistical outlier because I know of nobody outside of someone who is 3rd or 4th degree of separation? That lived in an unhealthy place (Michigan)?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I have all of those things except for the long time in one neighborhood

But then again am i a statistical outlier because I know of nobody outside of someone who is 3rd or 4th degree of separation? That lived in an unhealthy place (Michigan)?
I will say it again
New York was hit pretty hard early on

Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
My wife works
We have cousins
We have family friends

I have all of these and have a large extended family and live in NJ which was supposedly like ground zero for Covid. Despite all of that I didn't know a single person who died of it and only a couple who were admitted to a hospital.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I have all of these and have a large extended family and live in NJ which was supposedly like ground zero for Covid. Despite all of that I didn't know a single person who died of it and only a couple who were admitted to a hospital.
I think areas closer to NYC were hit harder.

Irregardless, that’s great!
I’m very glad for your family and the people you know
And hope they are able to continue to live fulfilling lives even if they were financially or otherwise negatively impacted

wait, we’re you gloating? :roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I will say it again
New York was hit pretty hard early on
Sure was.
Who has been punished for this? I guess Cuomo's out but not FOR this.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Sure was.
Who has been punished for this? I guess Cuomo's out but not FOR this.
I’m sure iq mentioned this before, but my wife works in a hospital, planning discharges for patients
my son works in a nursing home / rehab in admitting
the whole issue of what to do with these Covid patients was interesting dinner conversation with differing perspectives

I thought christians believe that only God can judge them
and He shall provide eternal punishment as He sees fit

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’m sure iq mentioned this before, but my wife works in a hospital, planning discharges for patients
my son works in a nursing home / rehab in admitting
the whole issue of what to do with these Covid patients was interesting dinner conversation with differing perspectives
I think NY suffered criminal incompetence from the highest levels of government. The nursing home cases were preventable as the Great Barrington Declaration explained.
1660585621613.png
I thought christians believe that only God can judge them
and He shall provide eternal punishment as He sees fit
God judges sinners for their sins, to be sure. Sinners must repent and believe in Christ to escape God's eternal judgment otherwise they have no hope. However, God still wants us to use judgment in temporal matters as Jesus explained in Matthew 7. There is good judgment and bad judgment. You wouldn't, for example, put your kid in a daycare run by NAMBLA members or convicted sex offenders because that would be bad judgment.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Elevated Plasmin(ogen) as a Common Risk Factor for COVID-19 Susceptibility

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patients with hypertension, diabetes, coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular illness, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and kidney dysfunction have worse clinical outcomes when infected with SARS-CoV-2, for unknown reasons. The purpose of this review is to summarize the evidence for the existence of elevated plasmin(ogen) in COVID-19 patients with these comorbid conditions. Plasmin, and other proteases, may cleave a newly inserted furin site in the S protein of SARS-CoV-2, extracellularly, which increases its infectivity and virulence. Hyperfibrinolysis associated with plasmin leads to elevated D-dimer in severe patients. The plasmin(ogen) system may prove a promising therapeutic target for combating COVID-19.

1. Elevated plasmin(ogen) is a common feature in people with underlying medical conditions, including hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease, and chronic renal illness, who are susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 infection.

2. Plasmin enhances the virulence and infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 virus by cleaving its spike proteins.

3. Extremely increased D-dimer in COVID-19 patients results from plasmin-associated hyperactive fibrinolysis.

4. D-dimer and viral load are independent risk factors of disease severity and mortality.

5. Antiproteases targeting plasmin(ogen) may be a promising approach to combat COVID-19.

Patients with preexisting hypertension, diabetes, coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and kidney dysfunction (comorbidities) have worse clinical outcomes when infected with SARS-CoV-2. The only treatment of COVID-19 is supportive (51), and registered clinical trials are ongoing. The mechanisms for high morbidity and mortality of patients with comorbidities are unknown. The existence of significantly increased fibrin degradation products (FDPs) and reduced platelets in severe COVID-19 patients is consistent with the presence of hyperfibrinolysis. This opinion is supported by the presence of hemorrhage in multiple organs and a positive correlation between fibrinolysis and mortality. Plasmin, a key player in fibrinolysis, enhances the virulence and pathogenicity of viruses containing a furin site in their envelope proteins, as is the case with the SARS-CoV-2. The purpose of this review is to summarize the clinical and preclinical evidence for the existence of elevated plasmin(ogen) in these comorbid conditions of COVID-19 and to highlight the importance of plasmin-induced proteolytic cleavage of the SARS-COV-2 S protein and fibrin in the development of COVID-19.
Targeting hyperfibrinolysis with a broad spectrum or specific anti-plasmin compounds may prove to be a promising strategy for improving the clinical outcome of patients with comorbid conditions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The body produces plasmin. Plasmin is a protease, meaning that it breaks up protein. Plasmin excess in people leads to diseases which are comorbidities to COVID-19. Ivermectin is a protease inhibitor. Protease inhibitors have been shown to be effective against various viruses. In studies Ivermectin has been shown to be effective against COVID-19. Does Ivermectin work against COVID-19 because it counteracts excess plasmin?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I think NY suffered criminal incompetence from the highest levels of government. The nursing home cases were preventable as the Great Barrington Declaration explained.
View attachment 136017

God judges sinners for their sins, to be sure. Sinners must repent and believe in Christ to escape God's eternal judgment otherwise they have no hope. However, God still wants us to use judgment in temporal matters as Jesus explained in Matthew 7. There is good judgment and bad judgment. You wouldn't, for example, put your kid in a daycare run by NAMBLA members or convicted sex offenders because that would be bad judgment.
Certainly we should all use good judgement
i was referring to judgement of others and their thoughts, words, and actions

i cant condemn cuomo. I don’t know why he made the decisions he did regarding this, but I have not reason to believe that he had any ill intentions of selfish intentions

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Certainly we should all use good judgement
i was referring to judgement of others and their thoughts, words, and actions
What does Jesus say in Matthew 7 I quoted above?
i cant condemn cuomo. I don’t know why he made the decisions he did regarding this, but I have not reason to believe that he had any ill intentions of selfish intentions
I guess we'll never know. The whole thing was swept under the rug like most crimes the government commits. Are you unable to condemn actions based on their results? In a criminal court, if you kill someone the grand jury decides whether defendant is to be charged with manslaughter vs. more serious crimes, but the defendant is still on trial for the results of his actions either way. In Cuomo's case, the deaths are a result of his executive order. Whether this was ignorance, negligence, or criminal intent is for a court to decide but there will be no trial.

Last edited:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
What does Jesus say in Matthew 7 I quoted above?

I guess we'll never know. The whole thing was swept under the rug like most crimes the government commits. Are you unable to condemn actions based on their results? In a criminal court, if you kill someone the grand jury decides whether defendant is to be charged with manslaughter vs. more serious crimes, but the defendant is still on trial for the results of his actions either way. In Cuomo's case, the deaths are a result of his executive order. Whether this was ignorance, negligence, or criminal intent is for a court to decide but there will be no trial.
Do you not believe that when his time comes, god will judge and punish him with precise accuracy?

personally, I have a hard time judging others. Not because I trust god will treat them fairly, but more because I know my judgement may be clouded by my own perceptions and experiences

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Tell us more, professor!
The data was pretty clear as to who was at risk and who wasn’t before COVID even reached the US. Two weeks after the lockdowns we had several kids from the high school wrestling team training in my backyard and a week after that I was back doing Jiu jitsu.

I never stopped working, servicing one of the few retail sectors allowed to operate and took no special precautions to prevent a infection.

It was really very simple. I looked at the data and decided my risk was very low and the risk to my son was practically zero.