New Britt Merrick Twin Fins for the CI Twin Pin

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Wondering if anyone has experience with the new Britt Merrick Twin Fins for the CI Twin Pin. They are supposed to be a compromise between MR style fins and keels. However they look pretty big for such a narrow tailed board.

Anyone tried them out in the twin pin? Just picked one up and haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Popped in some upright twins for the moment but wondering if worth shelling out for the fins made for the board. Will be surfing beachbreaks mostly so figure standard uprights will work for the near term.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I use them on my wider tail rocket fish twinzer. I like them a lot. But I like drive. Switch between those and TA twin.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I got some but haven’t tried them a lot. I do like them so far though. More stable and drivey than MRs, I think, but still plenty loose.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Thanks for the feedback. Ordered a set. Figure if they don't work at home in beachbreak they will be good for travel to some Mexican right points.

At some point I will thin out my fin collection, but not right now...

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
At some point I will thin out my fin collection, but not right now...
the many times I’ve thought about doing this I’ve looked at how much fin prices have gone up in the last 5yrs and think I’m probably gonna hodl for more gains or a boar that will need them.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I like them as well. Maybe my favorite twin fins at the moment? Good increase in drive/hold compared to a lot of twins I've used without seeming to sacrifice loosness. I've ridden them in my plasmic as well and that went super well so I can confirm they don't only work for the CI twin pin.

Reactions: j_mac and sdsrfr

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
agree. goes just like y'all says...loose and drivey. took mine out - maiden voyage yesterday at OH S.OC reef and it is a great fin and board. looking forward for mo testing this week