New board suggestion

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I could not disagree more on wider nose "buzz nose" making it harder to ride steeper bigger waves at beach break. I ride beach break combo reef 99.9% and find it helps if anything less chance pearl and helps with chop. I own many beak, buzz, semi buzz boards (gbuzz, superbuzz, buzzsaw, 2x4, It 2win w/ buzz nose, alpha omega, ewing bonzer log).

I think if Nathan Fletcher goes it works...
I just watched several Stretch vids and it's definitely not for me. I couldn't find many vids showing guys taking off. I didn't see much solid railwork. Dane's Stab in the Dark vid on the Stretch board did not look like his best surfing compared to the other boards he rode or compared to his CI boards in similar waves at home. The interview of Stretch saying "Think outside the box" translates into "order more boards" to someone like me. I don't think he's trying to scam anyone I just don't respond well to this marketing

Glad you've found your thing though.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
+1. Have one of Cabianca's shape and love it. Pretty much what OP is looking for. Top 3 best small wave thruster evah, and I am a twin/quad duus
Never considered it. What model are we talking about? Checked their website and felt a little lost.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I just watched several Stretch vids and it's definitely not for me. I couldn't find many vids showing guys taking off. I didn't see much solid railwork. Dane's Stab in the Dark vid on the Stretch board did not look like his best surfing compared to the other boards he rode or compared to his CI boards in similar waves at home. The interview of Stretch saying "Think outside the box" translates into "order more boards" to someone like me. I don't think he's trying to scam anyone I just don't respond well to this marketing

Glad you've found your thing though.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Here's the best "apples-to-apples" comparison of Dane in similar waves on his CI boards and (Matt McCabe on Robert's).
Seems like he surfs way better on CI. Do you have all the footage of him on Stretch? I couldn't find it.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Here's the best "apples-to-apples" comparison of Dane in similar waves on his CI boards and (Matt McCabe on Robert's).
Seems like he surfs way better on CI. Do you have all the footage of him on Stretch? I couldn't find it.
Dane like many other pro surfers could surf a door and do it with more style then most ride daily driver. CI's are user friendly boards mass produced global for pro's and joes where stretch is or least for me all about quads and high performance. High performance has many meanings to most but for me its getting the most out of what my local spots offer and Stretch well make a custom that last long super durable (eps/epoxy CFT) and works perfect at my local spots. CI was founded and still tested at my home spots "805 queen" and work well at points or softer spots tested but mass produced and light glass jobs in pu. I surf beach breaks and reefs 99.9% time and want some thing last.

Reactions: sizzld1

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Dane like many other pro surfers could surf a door and do it with more style then most ride daily driver. CI's are user friendly boards mass produced global for pro's and joes where stretch is or least for me all about quads and high performance. High performance has many meanings to most but for me its getting the most out of what my local spots offer and Stretch well make a custom that last long super durable (eps/epoxy CFT) and works perfect at my local spots. CI was founded and still tested at my home spots "805 queen" and work well at points or softer spots tested but mass produced and light glass jobs in pu. I surf beach breaks and reefs 99.9% time and want some thing last.
Dane and CI team riders (and Robert's) surf tons of beach break. I'm not going to name spots, but there are tons of beach breaks all over SB and VTA counties.

I was trying to compare Dane to Dane on Stretch vs. CI.

My friend has an old Stretch and seems to surf really well on it and like it. It's a standard thruster though with a wider outline.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Dane and CI team riders (and Robert's) surf tons of beach break. I'm not going to name spots, but there are tons of beach breaks all over SB and VTA counties.

I was trying to compare Dane to Dane on Stretch vs. CI.

My friend has an old Stretch and seems to surf really well on it and like it. It's a standard thruster though with a wider outline.
Other then stabs in the dark I have never seen Dane on a stretch but plenty on CI team pro after all. CI work in many conditions that was my point very user friendly boards for the masses not specific strong spots more better then average for most but my biggest hang up is price and quality of build. For a little more I get high quality hand shaped build, specific for me, and custom fins:shaka: Many folks like stretch thrusters and also like single v bottom but for me the best is his quads with a ingle v nose to double out tail and all my stretch boards are quads.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
WHat about this one?
Just widen and thicken it. Can you get them on the phone? You sound like you're an above-average surfer but not advanced/expert.
Nah, I'm intermediate at best. measly half assed cutbacks, totally non vertical whips and maybe float a section or two ispretty much what I can do. don't think I can float a section backside, but turns, yes.

I'm getting more and more interested on the V3 Stealth, and it's the only board I can actually give a try. I'll give it a go this Saturday if it all goes well and everything will depend on that.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Nah, I'm intermediate at best. measly half assed cutbacks, totally non vertical whips and maybe float a section or two ispretty much what I can do. don't think I can float a section backside, but turns, yes.

I'm getting more and more interested on the V3 Stealth, and it's the only board I can actually give a try. I'll give it a go this Saturday if it all goes well and everything will depend on that.
That thing has a shitload of rocker - try to test it somewhere you can get a good feel for the wave entry and flat spot crossing test.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Other then stabs in the dark I have never seen Dane on a stretch but plenty on CI team pro after all. CI work in many conditions that was my point very user friendly boards for the masses not specific strong spots more better then average for most but my biggest hang up is price and quality of build. For a little more I get high quality hand shaped build, specific for me, and custom fins:shaka: Many folks like stretch thrusters and also like single v bottom but for me the best is his quads with a ingle v nose to double out tail and all my stretch boards are quads.
Something's going on at Stab. The Stab in the Dark 2016 has been made private.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
That thing has a shitload of rocker - try to test it somewhere you can get a good feel for the wave entry and flat spot crossing test.
Yup, it will be on my "local". usually has a biggish drop, good first section for a turn then it completely boggles down and you have a lot of flat to go through if you wish to connect to the inside :)

Won't be big either (at all), so it will be good to check the lower end.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Haydenshapes Loot is a really versatile one. Easy to surf. Handles a wide range of sizes and conditions. Not a groveler but will slay some mushy runners as long as there is some push. Handles steep drops and tubes too.

Not a fan of the quad placement so I only liked it as a thruster.

CI Ultra Joe looks like a similar style of board but I haven't tried one. I want to though.