New Andrew Doheny vid

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Just watched it on the former website. It was short, but good footage and music. Doing a little reading, Doheny family history is pretty wild. He said he went off the deep end recently but caught himself. Guy still rips.

Reactions: donuts

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
That's some lame clothing. Gee, what can we sell: Ts, hoodies, toques..."surf style" is the worst, hasn't changed a bit in 30 years. At least in the 80s you had some punk/new wave influence.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Keen, I would imagine Droid and Ford were little shits growing up, but I'd much rather deal with them than that Jacob kid from La Jolla that has multiple assault charges and jail time. Cool pic by the way.

The Doheny family, I believe, were one of the more prominent Unites States families at one point in time. The movie "There will be blood" was based on Edward Doheny, and Doheny beach, the first place i ever paddled a surfboard, was donated land from the family.

Here's a wild story - The sensational society killings that rocked L.A. — still a mystery 90 years later

Anyone know Ned Doheny? Musician who hung out with the Eagles, Jackson Browne, Linda Rondstadt... among others?

The Former clothes don't do it for me either, but that was a cool little 13 minute clip they made available.

He was my neighbor when he was a kid still living with his parents. "Home schooled" :rolleyes: Both he and Ford Archbold. Pretty much says it all. No accountability or responsibility.

Heck of a surfer though.

Reactions: Aruka and keenfish

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
doheny drive doheny state bch the doheny mansion the doheny library...

about as old money as you can get in la

been friends with his aunt for decades. shes the nicest person in the world.

hugh shackman

OTF status
Mar 3, 2017
actually didn't enjoy this vid, felt like it was trying too hard to be edgy and I don't really like droid's surfing, its boring to me. Loved the dane footage though so I'm still happy

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
The Doheny family, I believe, were one of the more prominent Unites States families at one point in time. The movie "There will be blood" was based on Edward Doheny, and Doheny beach, the first place i ever paddled a surfboard, was donated land from the family.

Here's a wild story - The sensational society killings that rocked L.A. — still a mystery 90 years later
the wild story part, is used in a raymond chandler book ( i forget which one though... )

detective philip marlowe is recalling it for a younger l.a. cop who’s sweating him about something. marlowe/chandler doesn’t mention the doheny name but the exact scenario is presented in the book...

it might have been in ‘the big sleep’ or ‘farewell my lovely’. maybe someone here remembers which one it was. chandler only wrote 6 or 7 philip marlowe novels - highly recommended if you’re interested in 1940’s LA!

edit: ‘the long goodbye’. ? 1953

Last edited: