New Alex Knost vid

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I agree, the soundtrack doesn't generate a jelly boner for me either - but good on Al for keeping it outside the box. It would have been easy to paste in a velvet underground track and call it a day. Continuing, I'm all for having a few more knosts in the surf world, and a few less jock types. Here's to keeping it weird.

I've always liked his surfing.....that music? Not so much. Wait, was that supposed to be music?

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke AF

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Make sure to watch that on mute

Otherwise, there's nothing that inspires me to surf more than an Alex Knost video

Anyone have a driveway for me to crash in?

Reactions: _____ and retodd

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Can I recommend to Vans that Alex's next documentary revolve around his taking in a family of Afghan refugees and introducing them to Newport Beach life.
Do you think one can adopt afghani refugee orphans? Like the huge wave of Vietnamese adoptions in the mid 70s?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Control is boring

... you should check out the Ultimate Surfer on ABC - they never fall or look like they'll fall
Butt, without control and stability (on water? :socrazy:) how can one do squats and deadlifts?

Controlled surfing called, it wants thicker leashes and more control over the protective equipment incorporated.

:roflmao:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Seems like he could rip if he wanted to but that wouldn't be keeping it real - wouldn't be staying true to his inner self. One foot on the gas, the other foot on the brakes. Great bottom turn but kooks off the top. Lays a lot of rail at the beginning of the cutback then forget about it why bother. Whatever the inverse of "coffee is for closers" is.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
He's a professional surfer and a professional musician! Epic
wouldn't get a pub gig or a sticker on his board here.

the arm flailing and style aping hides a pretty severe lack of surfing talent.

amazing he's managed to find a pay day, but that might say more about American surf culture than A Knost.

all tip, no iceberg.