Never forget…

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It went on a lot longer than a few weeks.

Constantly invoking third party posters in your interactions is less than relevant don't you think? Do you understand what logical fallacy(ies) you are falling prey to when you do that?

I don't really give a fvvk what your experienced or didn't experience. It's irrelevant to me. You have this tendency to judge things according to what your personal experience has been. If someone has a different experience than you, it's always invalid in your eyes. Would that be a lack of empathy or what? :unsure:

No one is going on about the "end of the world" here but you. This is you massively overstating things yet again. Again, pick the logical fallacy that best fits your actions.

And isn't it rather binary of you to reduce this to either an underreaction or an overreaction? Seems like there is something in the middle there?
Empathy for what, because you were "harrased"?

Tell me more about how you suffered and maybe I'll muster some empathy.

It was an overreaction but to go "never forget" on this is the definition of coddled.

You were harrased for surfing once or twice at the beginning of the pandemic because nobody knew what we were dealing with. Trump told us that there was 7 COVID cases and that soon there will be none.
Why don't we "never forget" that?

There's nothing binary about my statement, both overreaction and underreaction are bad but underreaction in the pandemic could have been much much worse.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
1 million people died.

1 guy got kicked out of the water for SUPing at Malibu and there was some sand in a couple of skateparks.

And here you are, literally screeching Holocaust.

Spoiled man-babies.

View attachment 136674
I million people who were going to die anyway. Meanwhile, 329 million other people had their lives ruined in many different degrees all so you wouldn't feel the sads

Empathy is dangerous, the reaction to this "pandemic" is the best demonstration

I do love when you cheerlead authoritarianism. It shows who you are

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
A few weeks? :roflmao:

Why do you minimize it? Is it because you were so wrong? Or is it because you were and are a hypocrite who supported the measures the whole time while not following any one of them that inconvenienced you?

An underreaction would have been much, much better because we would have had the same outcome with the virus without destroying the economy

You were wrong at every step of the way. Own it
How long were the beaches closed?

What economy was destroyed? :roflmao:

You want to talk about "minimizing"? lol

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The response was an over reaction due to uncertainty.

There was also a lot of under reaction going on too.

Open societies don't do well in pandemics.

Getting triggered by the over reactions is just a bias expressing itself.

http://instagr.am/p/ChseAkDJvC5/
We did just fine, and would have done better if the attempt to close our open society didn't happen

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I million people who were going to die anyway. Meanwhile, 329 million other people had their lives ruined in many different degrees all so you wouldn't feel the sads

Empathy is dangerous, the reaction to this "pandemic" is the best demonstration

I do love when you cheerlead authoritarianism. It shows who you are
Whose lives were ruined?

What economy was ruined?

You don't fucking have a clue what authoritarian even means.
3F8163B0-3E42-4D52-A059-02759A23193D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Empathy for what, because you were "harrased"?

Tell me more about how you suffered and maybe I'll muster some empathy.

It was an overreaction but to go "never forget" on this is the definition of coddled.

You were harrased for surfing once or twice at the beginning of the pandemic because nobody knew what we were dealing with. Trump told us that there was 7 COVID cases and that soon there will be none.
Why don't we "never forget" that?

There's nothing binary about my statement, both overreaction and underreaction are bad but underreaction in the pandemic could have been much much worse.
Look, we're not going to get anywhere. We never do. You continually mischaracterize and maintain obviously broken arguments out of some stubborn pride or inability to critically examine your own opinions.

You get it on one level. You admit it was an overreaction. There you have it. Game over. End of thread. Instead of that you want to mischaracterize, build your strawmen and continue arguing out of some love of arguing. In essence you're going "Yes, you're right, but blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..."

There just no percentage in continuing this with you.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Look, we're not going to get anywhere. We never do. You continually mischaracterize and maintain obviously broken arguments out of some stubborn pride or inability to critically examine your own opinions.

You get it on one level. You admit it was an overreaction. There you have it. Game over. End of thread. Instead of that you want to mischaracterize, build your strawmen and continue arguing out of some love of arguing. In essence you're going "Yes, you're right, but blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..."

There just no percentage in continuing this with you.
Duffy’s “never forget” thread out of nowhere, Has a completely different tome than you post of, yeah, admit it was ridiculous, and move on

moving on, while learning from the experience seems like a responsible intelligent path
”Never Forget“ rants are not going to help anyone in any way
duffy is a sh*t stirrer, but not in a fun way like some other sh*t stirrers

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Maybe you should pick your own logical fallacy re the above?

Come on.

Acknowledging that something was inappropriate is how you improve things going forward. Examining a failing isn't "getting triggered" lol.

Maybe stop expressing your bias?
Is that what Duffy is doing?

I just see his high drama leaking with histrionics about the over reaction on a surfing bb.

Why isn't he leaking about the under reaction?

His bias.

Saying we should learn from what we did in the pandemic is a steel man of Duffy's drama queen post.

I never said I don't have a bias.

When the next pandemic comes we will fuck it up again.

As I said, high open societies don't do well managing outbreaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Duffy’s “never forget” thread out of nowhere, Has a completely different tome than you post of, yeah, admit it was ridiculous, and move on

moving on, while learning from the experience seems like a responsible intelligent path
I feel compelled to point out, yet again, that invoking a third or now fourth party in personal interaction directed at me isn't really relevant to me. You don't like something Duffy or Ifall said, take it up with them and leave me out of it. Fair enough?

Reactions: grapedrink

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Whose lives were ruined?

What economy was ruined?

You don't fucking have a clue what authoritarian even means.
View attachment 136683
Stomping your feet and denying the authoritarianism isn't going to change the truth

Stomping your feet and denying the shattered economy, supply chains, and job markets isn't going to change the truth

Everyone is affected by the economy, many people were acutely affected by the authoritarianism. Own it, you supported this. Was it worth it?

Also, irrelevant memes starring Dim Fool aren't helping you either

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Is that what Duffy is doing?

I just see his high drama leaking with histrionics about the over reaction on a surfing bb.

Why isn't he leaking about the under reaction?

His bias.

I never said I don't have a bias.

When the next pandemic comes we will fook it up again.

As I said, high open societies don't do well managing outbreaks.
Again. Same thing.

I imagine in a minute someone will invoke Hitler.

Seig Heil muther fvckers.

This is tiresome already.

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Sorry, the people who caused this need to be punished. Just like how your ilk wants to punish Trump for doing Trump things.

Some things you just don't get to "move on" from

If anything, this won't work as a learning experience because of the cry wolf aspect of it all. God help us if something actually dangerous comes

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sorry, the people who caused this need to be punished. Just like how your ilk wants to punish Trump for doing Trump things.

Some things you just don't get to "move on" from

If anything, this won't work as a learning experience because of the cry wolf aspect of it all. God help us if something actually dangerous comes
So should trump be punished?

• Haha

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Stomping your feet and denying the authoritarianism isn't going to change the truth

Stomping your feet and denying the shattered economy, supply chains, and job markets isn't going to change the truth

Everyone is affected by the economy, many people were acutely affected by the authoritarianism. Own it, you supported this. Was it worth it?

Also, irrelevant memes starring Dim Fool aren't helping you either
Having rules during a pandemic is not authoritarian, man-baby.

You don't live here alone.

Nothing is shattered, absolutely nothing.
Economy is just fine.
Nobody's life was ruined other those million people who died and their families.

It's hilarious to watch your pretend empathy for something that never happened but you can't muster any for the sick and dying because they're fat ad old.

Yet you compare yourself to a Nazi Era Jew.

Narcissism is cancer.

You posted Tim Pool tweets here million times, he's the poster boi for your incel movement. Embrace it.

• Haha

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Having rules during a pandemic is not authoritarian, man-baby.

You don't live here alone.

Nothing is shattered, absolutely nothing.
Economy is just fine.
Nobody's life was ruined other those million people who died and their families.

It's hilarious to watch your pretend empathy for something that never happened but you can't muster any for the sick and dying because they're fat ad old.

Yet you compare yourself to a Nazi Era Jew.

Narcissism is cancer.

You posted Tim Pool tweets here million times, he's the poster boi for your incel movement. Embrace it.
Can you reference a 1,000 of those posts? 100?