Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
  • Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
My girlfriend is hooked on Terrace House on Netflix. It's a Japanese reality show that I think was pretty popular there. It's like the exact opposite of what I would normally watch but the cultural differences were interesting and the commentary is really clever and funny and I'm ashamed to admit I got totally sucked in.
Terrace house is really fun and interesting, maybe because the people aren't steaming piles of human garbage. The panel discussions are the best part.

Beforeigners on HBO was a good

For some reason I can never get into any scripted Netflix Originals...probably because they're 90% crap

Reactions: Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We ended Up pretty much enjoying outer banks. Sure it had some cringe worthy lines and moments but then I would be surprised by some actual acting or excitement. FWIW I’m not a huge TV glutton, usually just the “big shows” for an hour or two at night, but I enjoyed what otherwise would have been just another Sunday in bizarro-land watching the show. As far as the geographical and other mash ups, only a relatively small number of people would even notice or care about the licenses taken. It’s beautiful scenery, beautiful people, some action, and even a few bits here and there of sharp and/or funny dialogue. what do you think OneWorld- do they get a second season once america Is open again?

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
We ended Up pretty much enjoying outer banks. Sure it had some cringe worthy lines and moments but then I would be surprised by some actual acting or excitement. FWIW I’m not a huge TV glutton, usually just the “big shows” for an hour or two at night, but I enjoyed what otherwise would have been just another Sunday in bizarro-land watching the show. As far as the geographical and other mash ups, only a relatively small number of people would even notice or care about the licenses taken. It’s beautiful scenery, beautiful people, some action, and even a few bits here and there of sharp and/or funny dialogue. what do you think OneWorld- do they get a second season once america Is open again?
Yeah - I think a second season's a given. They left it so perfectly open for that. The Bahamas, a murderous young cokehead, young love, boats, Bad Brains, surfing. What more do you need? BTW. We had a good swell this past weekend. Coincided with reopened beaches. Don't think I've ever seen more high school and college aged learners (male and female). I partially blame this show.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
we've been watching The Last Dance via Netflix. i'm not a pro basketball fan at all - have only a distant awareness of the 90's Michael Jordan era....so i'm surprised at how engaging it all is. it's been very enjoyable.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
pretty much checks all my boxes lol
Surf is up all week here, with howling side shore winds until Thursday

I guess we shouldn't head south into the tropical storm :)

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
we've been watching The Last Dance via Netflix. i'm not a pro basketball fan at all - have only a distant awareness of the 90's Michael Jordan era....so i'm surprised at how engaging it all is. it's been very enjoyable.
I didn't know it was on netflix
I'm looking forward to watching it

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I didn't know it was on netflix
I'm looking forward to watching it
to be clear, it is a Netflix production that I am obtaining from elsewhere on the internet. my son tells me he can't see it on Netflix coz it's not on in the US yet but my Brazzo in-laws are watching it on Netflix. ymmv.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Have enjoyed Fauda. As long as you can deal with sub-titles.
My Israeli boss for 20 years up to my retirement was once the Director of Operations for Shin Bet (until the Bus 300 incident). The Fauda series seems close to some of my experiences/observations. You might enjoy the book Every Spy a Prince, lot’s of “eye opening” antidotal stories...

Reactions: waveslidin
Mar 15, 2014
My Israeli boss for 20 years up to my retirement was once the Director of Operations for Shin Bet (until the Bus 300 incident). The Fauda series seems close to some of my experiences/observations. You might enjoy the book Every Spy a Prince, lot’s of “eye opening” antidotal stories...
Interesting, will have to check that out. Director of Operations for Shin Bet, wow, can only imagine the stories!

Reactions: john4surf