Netflix ouch!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
PPK she was the female lead in x-Files, and if your ex looks like she looks in the pic above, nice work uncle!

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i found WRONG MISSY funny

also i like:
workaholics
fargo
baskets
ozark
master of none
Last man on earth
the detour
eastbound and down
Angie Tribeca
Vice Principals
childrens hospital
Spartacus
CORPORATE
Wrecked
Man Seeking Woman
burning love
future man
parks and rec

Reactions: Aruka

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
We zoomed through the episodes of Outer Banks. Pure escapist cheeseball fun. Of course, the location is a fictional mashup of Charleston, Wilmington and the actual OBX. All filmed around Charleston. Some of it quite literally in my backyard. Thursday quarantine with the family.
View attachment 91099
Yeah I blew through that pretty quick. Good escapist entertainment.

Also, I never knew that there was an OBX to Chapel Hill ferry! :ROFLMAO: DARP

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Not on Netflix, but has anyone watched The Outsider on HBO?

Jason Bateman directed a few episodes.

I'm not usually a Stephen King fan, but I'm in the middle of this one and it's very well done so far. Very creepy!!

Reactions: CutnSnip and Aruka

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Not on Netflix, but has anyone watched The Outsider on HBO?

Jason Bateman directed a few episodes.

I'm not usually a Stephen King fan, but I'm in the middle of this one and it's very well done so far. Very creepy!!
Liked the book.

Wife and I started dead to me 2. So funny in a dark Dexter way.

Finished upload w the kids. Interesting concept.
Finished Locke and key w them too.

Started marvelous Mrs. Maivel w the kids... Not age appropriate! Whoops

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Liked the book.

Dead to Me is really funny. I'm enjoying that one as well.

Reactions: ghostshaper

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Yeah I blew through that pretty quick. Good escapist entertainment.

Also, I never knew that there was an OBX to Chapel Hill ferry! :ROFLMAO: DARP
That was perplexing to me. UNC Wilmington has its own big coastal archives. I used it when researching Ghost Wave. Don't know why they didn't just take the ferry to "Wilmington" instead. But again, the dudes who developed the show admitted it was just a mishmash of different places. They mention Figure 8 Island (Wilmington) as being right next to Shem Creek (Charleston). They're supposed to hide out in Dismal Swamp, which is indeed behind the OBX, but the lighthouse where they get into a scuffle with a ranger is at Hunting Island (Beaufort, SC -- a seriously beautiful State Park BTW that can have fun surf). "Kildare County" is actually a genius name (Kill Devil Hills is in Dare County). While sheriff Peterkin has a very common last name found up around Murrells Inlet, SC. I used to know a writer from there named Genevieve Peterkin who grew up with a ghost in an old house called the Hermitage.
1589732623178.png

The directors used to spend summers here in Charleston, and they live in Wilmington. They hired a lot of local talent. The guy who did the location scouting is a longtime surfer from here in Folly. The VW Van in the show was a fixture on Folly, but now it's being stored somewhere secret. As for the offshore island where John B's dad ends up, well, that seems to be a mashup of Portsmouth and maybe Drunken Jack's Island off Murrells Inlet. A pirate called Drunken Jack was marooned there long ago. They found his bones later with all the rum they'd buried. All drunk.

Long/short is that the producers did a lot of homework. The show is both completely plausible and implausible at the same time.

Reactions: grapedrink

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Liked the book.

Mrs Maizel was great. did not expect I would be into it but blew through the seasons like it was nothing. great writing and acting.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My girlfriend is hooked on Terrace House on Netflix. It's a Japanese reality show that I think was pretty popular there. It's like the exact opposite of what I would normally watch but the cultural differences were interesting and the commentary is really clever and funny and I'm ashamed to admit I got totally sucked in.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
My girlfriend is hooked on Terrace House on Netflix. It's a Japanese reality show that I think was pretty popular there. It's like the exact opposite of what I would normally watch but the cultural differences were interesting and the commentary is really clever and funny and I'm ashamed to admit I got totally sucked in.
got sucked into a few episodes of that real quick, but then forgot all about it till now.

Reactions: Aruka

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't binge Ozarks and watched the last episode last night. I was not ready for that ending, but it's perfect. Sets up a lot of story lines for future seasons.

Reactions: jkb

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Didn't binge Ozarks and watched the last episode last night. I was not ready for that ending, but it's perfect. Sets up a lot of story lines for future seasons.
I agree, great head fake, still lots of tension left, but cartel sh!t is the new zombies
were the new pirates were the new whatever...I feel kind of over that meme

Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The first episode of Outer Banks had a local kid wearing a Mitch’s Surf Shop tee. It was about then I realized they had no idea about Eastern NC.
It's a Hollywood NC/CA fusion. :ROFLMAO:

It's always about the compromise that artistes have to make with the producers/money

John from Cincinnati springs to mind.

This:

1589774484604.png

1589774510509.png

1589774533315.png