needessentials - anyone familiar?

May 10, 2018
I bought one 4 months ago. 3/2 fully lined and sealed. Very warm and comfy. Will buy again

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
where did you buy - just realized after posting there isn't an option to ship to the US - are you people UK/AUS/anywhere other than US

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I think mine came from California, needs USA?
I like it, a 6/4/3 I've only used 2-3 times last Winter which was a very warm winter here(Mid-Atlantic)
I would buy again, it's very warm but old-school restrictive. I think the sizing is a little on the smaller side, but that's partially on me too, and I'm trying to watch my girlish figure because I will be putting it back on in about a month.
They are priced right, and so many suits were all sold out due to the pandemic situation when I purchased it. Got it in<5 days.
I don't monitor my suits for wear, or treat them too well, my research led me to understand some people have had issues with seam tape longevity,? but I'm not there yet.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i got 3/2 and 4/3 about a month ago because they were the only one with suits in stock in MT size.

only used the 3/2 so far and its cool. it the premium liquid threaded blah blah blah and it was stiff out the gate but its loosened up a bit. scared what the 4/3 is going to be like the first handfull of sessions tho.

same warmth as the rip curls im used to, and comfy enough for the price. seems well made tho good zippers etc. bet ill get a season out them easy.

i think im going to order some booties becuase again only one with stock in my size.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Somehow i was directed to the UK site first - i'd like the 5/4 but they don't have any in my size, so will probably gamble w/a 6/5/4, a bit toasty for NY but it's a backup so whatever.

jory

OTF status
Aug 13, 2006
UK
Visit site
Had a 3/2

Kinda cheap and cheerful, not especially warm and the seams didn’t last well. Might work for so cal, not sure I’d bother again for here.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Maybe their suits have gotten better - stuff I got years back was rubbish. I would love to give the blokes a good review, but even they know their early stuff was crap. All the best lads.

People, once you get a custom suit, tough to look back

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Mrs. Pato just got a 4/3 from them. It's pretty basic but the seams are glued and taped and the quality looks pretty decent. It has the warm, fuzzy lining on the inside chest and smooth rubber panel on the back. She's pretty rough on suits so I'll let you know how it holds up. It was a smoking deal at $200.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Crazy how many different wetsuit companies there are now. Back in the day there were a handful. Now there seem to be a couple dozen.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Got a 4/3 with hood. Like it. Very similar to the Oneill Psychotech front zip I have, although a little more difficult to get in and out of. Plus the area near the zipper flushes more easily. But overall, warm suit.

Last edited: