Need to Buy 2 Indestructible Boards: What do You Choose?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
did they repair it with the epoxy from the grocery store? That stuff gets super yellow/brownish very quickly
Used that on an XTR tail one time during a surf trip. Did not go well, tail cancer set in.
Board actually lasted several more years.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
the other thing I love with muzz is that you get a no bullshit fast turnaround honest board.

he’s also a tinkerer who will sit for hours tweaking files with you on the computer to dial you in perfect. Also he will know any and all indo waves you will surf personally and his reef swallow is a culmination of that.

for those who don’t know muzz was the guy who taught JS and DHD to shape. They both started out as shop hands and floor sweepers at his shop. He also was a diagonal glassing pioneer while at BASE. And guys like fanning used his glassing schedules with great success
Yes!

the boards I mentioned earlier in the thread going strong after 15years are Muz channel bottoms glased 45 bias poly. I rate him very highly.

Reactions: Maz

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Stretch legacy or one of drew's cork sandwich construction.

Ive got a 2.5 year old i built with 1mm cork sandwiched between 2 layers of 4oz and although on the heavier side (probably similar to 6/4, 6 PU), it lives in my car, gets surfed often and hardly has a dent on it. Has been washed up on rocks on more than one occasion after snapped legropes without a ding.

Reactions: JDJ

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Lib Tech all the way.

If you are hating the looks, perhaps the new lighter top sheet and white plastic rails would do better for you. Pretty sure all the newer models are coming this way.

Oct 1, 2015
I’d never heard of Coil outside erBB either. Not sure I’ve ever seen one in SoCal.
I'm currently having trouble selling a Coil flash-back-fish that I just ordered (to thick) and surfed twice. Seems people in SoCal (and in general) prefer Big names despite Coils construction being far superior to most on the market IMO

LMK anyone on here is interested. Can give an erBB special

Attachments

Oct 1, 2015
Dimensions: 5'8" x 19 5/8 x 2 7/16 30.7 liters.

Don't want to hijack the thread. I'll post it over in the CL thread, or message me for details. I've never shipped a board so i'm gonna keep it local in So Cal but willing to drive to meet.