Need Essentials Fins

Retropete

Miki Dora status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Have a new board with Futures boxes and with 2 sets of Futures quads I have tried one of the rear quad boxes won't allow the front of the fin to go in flush. However with 2 different sets of Shapers Australia fins the fin in the problem box will go in flush, no problem. Weird.

Jul 29, 2018
Have a new board with Futures boxes and with 2 sets of Futures quads I have tried one of the rear quad boxes won't allow the front of the fin to go in flush. However with 2 different sets of Shapers Australia fins the fin in the problem box will go in flush, no problem. Weird.
I have had new boards with a little left over resin Spots in the box that has prevented the fin going flush. A bit of scraping with a screwdriver or even fin key usually solves the problem.

Reactions: Retropete

btesser

OTF status
Jul 18, 2005
LA
Visit site
They got a couple twins and a thruster - $70 each set - no logos.
Designed and tested by Torryn Martin and Laurie Towner.
I have no affiliation, just thought they look cool.

Any ride reports on these fins? The mediums at (H: 5.5/B: 5.11) have similar dimensions to the True Ames TA Twin (H: 5.55/B: 5.12), but appear to have more rake. I prefer a bit more rake in my twin fins. Most of the twin fins are very upright.

The CF Tyler Warren Especial (H: 5.51/B: 5.2/A: 21.31 - and nicely raked) is my favorite twin fin so far, after riding many, including the CF Twin fin (too small), NVS Surf Prescriptions Tall Boy Twin (too big) and TA Twin (my second favorite -- this is a good fin too).

Looking for another fin similar to the Tyler Warren Especial. I like having options.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
As it turns out, The TM is almost identical to the TA. It has just a little more rake. But all in all, very similar. Perhaps the TM will be the ticket. With swell on the way here, hopefully I will get a chance to find out.
Did you lay the TM and TA on top of each other and get a pic?

oeste858

Miki Dora status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
maybe the colors are deceiving, but the blue n white TW looks more similar template to the black Needs TM than the clear TA... Just me?