NB2 vs Cymatic Vs Phantom Vs Untitled v2

surfapotomus

OTF status
Jan 21, 2014
on a leash
I wonder if you had a sizing issue with the board because I definitely drive it off my front foot. Maybe your front foot placement wasn't optimized with the sweet spot in the rocker?

How big was the board in relation to your height?
Funny you mention that because I actually measured where my foot dents were in relation to the tail in the hopes that someone might someday decipher this for me. The board was 5'8", I'm between 5'10" and 5'11". My front foot dents were about 34" from the bottom of the board, which is dead center.

FWIW I've been on my Phantom a lot lately and I've found myself moving my rear foot forward a couple inches when I'm trying to make a section. Totally different than how I was approaching the Untitled. My Phantom is also 5'8".

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Funny you mention that because I actually measured where my foot dents were in relation to the tail in the hopes that someone might someday decipher this for me. The board was 5'8", I'm between 5'10" and 5'11". My front foot dents were about 34" from the bottom of the board, which is dead center.

FWIW I've been on my Phantom a lot lately and I've found myself moving my rear foot forward a couple inches when I'm trying to make a section. Totally different than how I was approaching the Untitled. My Phantom is also 5'8".
That's not it then. You sized it exactly how I did.

I'm 5'9 and got the 5'7.

Sounds like you just didn't click with it. That happens. Everyone loves the Fever but I thought it was a total piece of sh*t. Everything about that board should have worked for me, but it didn't. Still can't explain it.

surfapotomus

OTF status
Jan 21, 2014
on a leash
That's not it then. You sized it exactly how I did.

I'm 5'9 and got the 5'7.

Sounds like you just didn't click with it. That happens. Everyone loves the Fever but I thought it was a total piece of sh*t. Everything about that board should have worked for me, but it didn't. Still can't explain it.
I haven't found anyone who's had a similar experience that I had. So I think you're right. Something about my surfing in certain conditions just didn't work with that board.

Reactions: jkb