Nazare Accident

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I think this is CJ's wipeout. Check out how big the playing field is. Massive amount of energy moving through the lineup. Crowd cheering. Quite the arena.

Imagine the feeling at 0:45. The ski didn't get to you in time, you just broke your arm and are in agony, and you are about to take a humongous wave on the head.

• Wow
Reactions: potato-nator

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Imagine the feeling at 0:45. The ski didn't get to you in time, you just broke your arm and are in agony, and you are about to take a humongous wave on the head.
Even worse, he's probably got the floatation vest inflated and bobbing like an apple. Surprised Nazare hasn't killed a few people yet. All these close calls remind me of the early days at Mavericks when everyone was still trying to figure out the wave, and what boards they needed. Every swell was a big clusterfuck of near drownings.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Even worse, he's probably got the floatation vest inflated and bobbing like an apple. Surprised Nazare hasn't killed a few people yet. All these close calls remind me of the early days at Mavericks when everyone was still trying to figure out the wave, and what boards they needed. Every swell was a big clusterfuck of near drownings.
Yup sounds fucking awful , grabbing his arm to try and stop if flopping around and then getting fucking rolled

interview is wild:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I know those inflatable vests save lives but if you are caught inside with that thing inflated it's got to be a hell of a beating.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I know those inflatable vests save lives but if you are caught inside with that thing inflated it's got to be a hell of a beating.
What are the odds that you can dive deep enough to get under one of those waves? Wonder if the extra buoyancy even makes a difference?

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
What are the odds that you can dive deep enough to get under one of those waves? Wonder if the extra buoyancy even makes a difference?
1-) you cannot dive deep enough to get under those waves.

2-) it saved his, and all the other foolios lives crazy enough to tow into and fall in front of one of those behemoths.

Even if you get to the bottom, find a hold and grab on for dear life, a wave half that size sweeps the bottom clean... You included.

:socrazy:

I don't even want to imagine the body slam against said bottom after being scraped off of it like a pebble without a flotation vest.

:bricks::drowning::toilet::trout::poop:o_O:eek::barf:

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
RIP Mark Foo.
saddest thing i ever saw was Waimeas' cliffs lined with sobbing people the
day Todd - RIP - passed.
sorry to be raw but - i guess - know when to say when...:eek:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Nazare is crazy. The thing I hate with the Nazare crew is the people like this CJ guy who should never be out there, but they get out there, get predictably worked, and do a media tour about it.

Reactions: potato-nator