Navy SEALS - cheating and PEDS?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That's fair and true. The athlete thing was said more for teams/drugs. I said I didn't take a transition to a new jet, the communities just weren't the same anymore. Nuggets, regardless of skill, need a few late, stormy nights behind the boat to change their ways.
Most F-18 drivers are very intelligent and athletic. If they weren't D1, many of them could've played D3 in something. You simply can't put dumb, unathletic people behind the stick or yoke of an aircraft.

A lot of people on here are just butthurt that they don't have the stones, intelligence, or work ethic to achieve something like making it through BUD/S and SQT or flight school, which is par for the course for a lot of surfers.

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
Most F-18 drivers are very intelligent and athletic. If they weren't D1, many of them could've played D3 in something. You simply can't put dumb, unathletic people behind the stick or yoke of an aircraft.

A lot of people on here are just butthurt that they don't have the stones, intelligence, or work ethic to achieve something like making it through BUD/S and SQT or flight school, which is par for the course for a lot of surfers.
Like this:

There are plenty of vids on youtube explaining this if one was interested to watch the whole thing. Kinda like the final scene in the new TG, but for real.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Like this:

There are plenty of vids on youtube explaining this if one was interested to watch the whole thing. Kinda like the final scene in the new TG, but for real.
This is amazing as well, esp. the part about him creating a radar instrument approach for his flight in the middle of a blackout sand storm:

Reactions: JKH

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
That's fair and true. The athlete thing was said more for teams/drugs. I said I didn't take a transition to a new jet, the communities just weren't the same anymore. Nuggets, regardless of skill, need a few late, stormy nights behind the boat to change their ways.
I was on a Frigate and a Cruiser and sometimes we would "Plane Guard" - ride some distance behind the Carrier while the planes were landing so that in case a plane ended up in the water we were there to spot or rescue the pilot. I remember it mostly at twilight into darkness. One evening going into darkness the carrier had been pitching a little in a very predictable way which was the norm really and a plane was very close to the carrier about to land when the carrier suddenly pitched totally weird out of nowhere. The landing deck rose a lot really fast - there was just a huge shower of sparks as I guess the plane hit the deck but kept on going. Sh*t! I hoped the pilot was OK and that the landing gear could take that and still work. I guess it was OK and the pilot was able to land later but man was that scary!

I can see how something like that could change a man's outlook.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I will check it out, do not read much of that type of stuff so am never searching but it looks cool. Those Vipers are just straight dead sexy.
You'll like "Boyd" by Robert Coram then too. The prototype was even more maneuverable. The midwit generals in the Pentagon tried to gold plate it and turn it into a bomber as much as possible.

Reactions: JKH

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
One of my child hood friends was a seal, he was one of the best men I ever met. Growing up he always wanted to be in military. He was nice and polite to everyone, liked by all. He really had good character.

He passed in Afghanistan in operation red wings. Miss that dude.

I agree Keen I also don’t get some of the comments here, typical erbb.
I hope nothing I posted is construed as negative -- many of the guys I know are indeed honorable. And badass. But there is some poor behavior, as one would expect among these types of elites. Glad they're out there.

I occasionally see Ivan Trent, who seems like somebody you wouldn't phuck with (even in his 60s).

Reactions: JKH and santacruzin

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I grew up a couple miles from the training base of what was then called Seal Team 1. I knew a few Seals and all but one was a straight up good solid dude. The one who was not ended up out of the Navy with substance abuse issues. Later on in life I worked for a few years with an ex Seal who was as mild mannered as you can get, good surfer, family man, and all around great waterman.

Always remember they can kill you with their bare hands in six different ways.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I vividly remember once sleeping in my JO jungle rack in foward O country and the career was in some massive seas. I could barely stay in my rack.

Heard the last event of the day cat off and I couldn’t believe they were going to fly and come back.

takes some nuts for sure

Reactions: PJ and PRCD

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

They are def very intelligent. Lost me at the athletic part.

Buds and flight school are two very different beasts and can’t really be compared.

For one, BUDS is a designed attrition program while flight school definitely is not.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Always remember they can kill you with their bare hands in six different ways.
Here's a question for all the tough guys here . . . . Is the whole neck-break-from-behind-to-kill someone that you alwasy see in the movies a real thing :unsure: I don't doubt that it could paralyze you, but does that really cause instant death?

Asking for a friend.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
You'll like "Boyd" by Robert Coram then too. The prototype was even more maneuverable. The midwit generals in the Pentagon tried to gold plate it and turn it into a bomber as much as possible.
As usual, not a surprise. I'll check it too. Can't have best of both worlds, as evidenced by the hornet.

Reactions: PRCD

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
They are def very intelligent. Lost me at the athletic part.

Buds and flight school are two very different beasts and can’t really be compared.

For one, BUDS is a designed attrition program while flight school definitely is not.
Actually, API and then primary is designed for that and is when a lot of guys drop out. However, they are very different things.

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
I hope nothing I posted is construed as negative -- many of the guys I know are indeed honorable. And badass. But there is some poor behavior, as one would expect among these types of elites. Glad they're out there.

I occasionally see Ivan Trent, who seems like somebody you wouldn't phuck with (even in his 60s).
No, not taken that way. I do not know Ivan, but have seen him around. Super scary.