My New, Old Man Hobby

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
No shirt together here.
More on topic, I've been noticing a lot more of these little dirt bikes and go-karts lately. Back in the 70's as a kid we always had the Sears Catalog, The Montgomery Wards Catalog maybe Bennett Bros and to a kid, that was the internet, that and Encyclopedia Brittanica, Skateboarding, Surfer Magazine was what a kids dreams were made of and those catalogues always had the various generic minibikes, go-karts single speed,
No shocks, 1" frame tubing throughout but as a kid, you wanted that stuff!
I could potentially impulse-buy one of the classic Puch or Motobecahn mopeds, the kind they would tinker with for an extra 5-10mph and you could hear 'em coming from 2 miles away, I know you guys remember that.?
Ha! This so much!
In Jr. HS, me and a buddy bought the plans for the minibike you described above from Popular Mechanics and did our own builds in metal shop. Rebuilt a couple of B&S 2.5 HP horizontal axle engines scoured from garage sales and we were off to the races. Even got an "A" for our efforts. Good times.

• Love
Reactions: Chocki

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
No shirt together here.
More on topic, I've been noticing a lot more of these little dirt bikes and go-karts lately. Back in the 70's as a kid we always had the Sears Catalog, The Montgomery Wards Catalog maybe Bennett Bros and to a kid, that was the internet, that and Encyclopedia Brittanica, Skateboarding, Surfer Magazine was what a kids dreams were made of and those catalogues always had the various generic minibikes, go-karts single speed,
No shocks, 1" frame tubing throughout but as a kid, you wanted that stuff!
I could potentially impulse-buy one of the classic Puch or Motobecahn mopeds, the kind they would tinker with for an extra 5-10mph and you could hear 'em coming from 2 miles away, I know you guys remember that.?
I had a blue peugeot when I was 15. :cheers: