My New, Old Man Hobby

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Your "New, Old Man Hobby" is way more expensive than mine. I started building 1/12 scale vintage motorcycle models:roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
From what I see down in Florida, cannabis is definitely a new old man hobby now. Get high, play golf or whatever, and of course pool volleyball with the ladies.

fukk it, sign me up, as long as theres an occasional ride able wave or surf trip thrown in

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
How much did that cost you and where did you get it? My middle son wants one.
With the bike, Stage 1 upgrade kit plus TC Bros handlebars, and a real good and surprisingly cheap BELL Motocross helmet I’m all in at right around a grand.

Rn the BT200x is only available from Coleman but pretty much everything else is fair game on the interweb, ala the RB200 bike/frame being sold by a bunch of different outlets.

Since it’s a potential father/son project IMO you’d be doing each other a disservice by not building one up from a kit.

1638376349561.jpeg

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Damn. I shouldn't have read this thread.

I already have a motorcycle I tinker with constantly. I already modded my son's Razor dirtbike. Added a new variable controller and it boogies with a kid on it. Goes up to 20 mph. Now I see this and thinking of what I buy next.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Damn. I shouldn't have read this thread.

I already have a motorcycle I tinker with constantly. I already modded my son's Razor dirtbike. Added a new variable controller and it boogies with a kid on it. Goes up to 20 mph. Now I see this and thinking of what I buy next.
Preaching to the choir bro.

Stupid YouTube algorithms

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Your "New, Old Man Hobby" is way more expensive than mine. I started building 1/12 scale vintage motorcycle models:roflmao:
I used to love building models as a kid. I never like following the directions for some reason though.

My other hobby (learning how to cheat at cards) costs next to nothing. Couple of decks of cards and a copy of the book “Expert At The Card Table”

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Old me likes to build miniature reproduction period furniture of the Philadelphia and Bostonian variety.
Lifesize pieces too but the wood is as hard to come by as the time involved.

• Love
Reactions: Chocki

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Old me likes to build miniature reproduction period furniture of the Philadelphia and Bostonian variety.
Lifesize pieces too but the wood is as hard to come by as the time involved.
You’re what’s his face from the wire aren’t you? The cool detective who was literally the only person on the show with his sh!t together?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
No shirt together here.
More on topic, I've been noticing a lot more of these little dirt bikes and go-karts lately. Back in the 70's as a kid we always had the Sears Catalog, The Montgomery Wards Catalog maybe Bennett Bros and to a kid, that was the internet, that and Encyclopedia Brittanica, Skateboarding, Surfer Magazine was what a kids dreams were made of and those catalogues always had the various generic minibikes, go-karts single speed,
No shocks, 1" frame tubing throughout but as a kid, you wanted that stuff!
I could potentially impulse-buy one of the classic Puch or Motobecahn mopeds, the kind they would tinker with for an extra 5-10mph and you could hear 'em coming from 2 miles away, I know you guys remember that.?

• Love
Reactions: npsp and Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
No shirt together here.
More on topic, I've been noticing a lot more of these little dirt bikes and go-karts lately. Back in the 70's as a kid we always had the Sears Catalog, The Montgomery Wards Catalog maybe Bennett Bros and to a kid, that was the internet, that and Encyclopedia Brittanica, Skateboarding, Surfer Magazine was what a kids dreams were made of and those catalogues always had the various generic minibikes, go-karts single speed,
No shocks, 1" frame tubing throughout but as a kid, you wanted that stuff!
I could potentially impulse-buy one of the classic Puch or Motobecahn mopeds, the kind they would tinker with for an extra 5-10mph and you could hear 'em coming from 2 miles away, I know you guys remember that.?
1638415282424.jpeg
Probably because a bunch of 70s kids like me are the ones buying and building them now???