my foray into Reddit r/surfing community

Topazslider

OTF status
Jan 9, 2018
if anyone is following reddit r/surfing you may already know that at any given time, there at least 1 or 2 or 3 beginner threads with the same question (maybe because the way reddit tracks likes?), daily humble brag photos of new surfboard or recent/current trip in Bali or somewhere exotic, or some surfing post by someone who doesn't surf, usually you can tell by the excessive use of surf vernacular done incorrectly.
Additionally, there are alot of "snow flakes" on reddit. There is a whole community of r/gatekeeping redditors who troll the forums and tag your post r/gatekeeping if they think it is gatekeeping which is stupid, cause no one on an online community can physically stop your from doing something. Then there are the the people who think they are elitist by replying "I am going to down vote you because..."
I learned that "surf etiquette" posts stir the pot on r/surfing.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The mod there, Rory, same guy who writes for inertia- is obnoxious.
Constantly talks about him moving from LA to North Shore and then Kauai.
r/surfing

If memory serves, a controversy exploded on r/surfing when the guy literally went through and BANNED users subscribed to r/surfing if they were also posting to r/JordanPeterson, because he felt Jordan Peterson was an alt right Nazi.

That tells you about how off his rocker he is.

There was a massive thread about this on r/surfing, I tried to search for it but looks like it's been removed.

Looks like this is where it all started though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/8s1zhl
Rory writes for STAB too.

He's a wannabee writer - tries way too hard.

Rumor is his wife is a lawyer...they are hard into the SJW thing.

Hi Rory!:p

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Also know if he writes a story on STAB, and you dispute something he's written or are critical in some way in the comments section he will ban you within the hour.

Yeah, he's like that(n):ROFLMAO:

Typical hard-handed authoritarian type if you ruffle his feels I guess.