My first pilgrimage to Mecca

Oct 25, 2019
I’m sure it’s understood that this Hajj will be performed in Indo.

I finally will be pulling the trigger.

Boat vs camp? Specific recs?

Potential for this autumn, maybe next.

I have reasonable funds available, somewhat limited time (10-14 days), and an eagerness that is bolstered by a mid life crisis.

Cheers

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
go to playgrounds
stay at shadow report or one of the Kanduis is you have $$$
Boats I recommend Mentawaii Daze- great operation

Bunch of guys here have stayed at macaronis resort.
Truth is resident erbb expert and most hated scorelord :roflmao:

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I’m sure it’s understood that this Hajj will be performed in Indo.

I finally will be pulling the trigger.

Boat vs camp? Specific recs?

Potential for this autumn, maybe next.

I have reasonable funds available, somewhat limited time (10-14 days), and an eagerness that is bolstered by a mid life crisis.

Cheers
ill be hitting up Macaronis camp very soon for 2 weeks. Ill let you know how it went.

Reactions: Lakookaracha

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
May is one of the best month for right winds. Rifles is normally off its nut at least once in May.

I am seeing reports from friends who live there and obsesses over weather maps. They are smarter than I and claiming it’s going to be a great year.

Time to get those flights booked and score

• Love
Reactions: CutnSnip
Oct 25, 2019
go to playgrounds
stay at shadow report or one of the Kanduis is you have $$$
Boats I recommend Mentawaii Daze- great operation

Bunch of guys here have stayed at macaronis resort.
Truth is resident erbb expert and most hated scorelord :roflmao:

Have you stayed at Shadow? It’s on my radar…

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Have you stayed at Shadow? It’s on my radar…
Yes. We were the first guests to stay there after the travel ban pandemic madness.

Absolutely scored with Ade and Zedri every day. My buddy has stayed there 3 times now and I will be staying there for a week in 2025.

The food is good , you are staying on a beautiful island and it’s a small family vibe. Surfing with local legends who will put you on epic lesser known waves some days.

They also just built a pool. Not as luxurious as kandui and the like but good enough for me! Great price too.

Oct 25, 2019
Killer feedback, much thanks!

What time of year were you there? Thoughts on September? And how much time did you spend on boats vs surfing the local waves?

I was recently in Nicaragua, and loved the boat trips to different breaks, but very much appreciated the times I was able to see a wave out front and just go.

As a solo traveller, seems I’m going to have to get over the notion of paying $250-300/day, and sharing a room with randos. Something I also very much appreciated on my last trip was between sessions cranking the AC, drawing the blinds, and crashing/lounging/watching Netflix for an hour or two.