Multivitamins

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That's what both my primary care and cardiologist told me last year. So in my case I keep taking the multi.

I just bought protein powder.

I was taking creatine too but all this sh!t adds up to expense when you live near the poverty line. Could I take creatine 5 mg before and after weight training day (10mg) and still get benefit?
I think from what I've read that you want to build up creatine stores in your muscles so taking it consistently is more important than timing it before/after a workout. A 5g serving per day is pretty cheap if you buy it in bulk powder form. About 22 cents per day if my math is correct.

I don't take multivitamins. I take 5g of creatine daily and in the winter I take vitamin D. I'll drink electrolytes when I'm surfing or training a lot, especially in the summer. I should probably take them daily but I haven't found one I like enough to drink daily. Same kind of goes for protein powder. Stuff kind of grosses me out after a while.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
YeH, I don’t think taking creatine inconsistently or occasionally will give any benefit. Body needs to build up a store of it. I usually take some with protein shake post-workout, but I haven’t been as consistent working out lately so I’ll probably start doing 5mg daily like Aruka says.

Reactions: Aruka

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I think from what I've read that you want to build up creatine stores in your muscles so taking it consistently is more important than timing it before/after a workout. A 5g serving per day is pretty cheap if you buy it in bulk powder form. About 22 cents per day if my math is correct.

I don't take multivitamins. I take 5g of creatine daily and in the winter I take vitamin D. I'll drink electrolytes when I'm surfing or training a lot, especially in the summer. I should probably take them daily but I haven't found one I like enough to drink daily. Same kind of goes for protein powder. Stuff kind of grosses me out after a while.
And if I take it without weight training it’s useless? What if someone is only doing body weight resistance training. Useless? I do one day a week of barbell work and one day of bodyweight stuff. Or I should say barbell exercises because I’m not presently pushing progressive overload.

The protein powder I bought is chocolate flavor and like you said, it’s a bit much. Maybe I’ll mix creative and protein into one vile brew and chug it, kind of like cod liver oil back in the day…

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
And if I take it without weight training it’s useless? What if someone is only doing body weight resistance training. Useless? I do one day a week of barbell work and one day of bodyweight stuff. Or I should say barbell exercises because I’m not presently pushing progressive overload.

The protein powder I bought is chocolate flavor and like you said, it’s a bit much. Maybe I’ll mix creative and protein into one vile brew and chug it, kind of like cod liver oil back in the day…
Creatine has shown to offer benefits beyond physical recovery.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Imo, all this chit tastes like bleh.

I went through a phase of trying to perfect the protein smoothie. Now I just add the least amount of water to get a mixture w/o chunks and try and chug as quick as possible. It’s not worth the effort to make it taste good.

I prefer vanilla flavor. Less bite on the aftertaste, imo.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bone broth protein is the best tasting by far IMO, as in it imparts minimal flavor if any. Digests easily as well.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Creatine. If it's good for the knees, it might be good for the shoulder and spine?

Anybody have a recommendation for a good, inexpensive creatine brand. I think I'm going to make that protein/creatine drink....

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Creatine. If it's good for the knees, it might be good for the shoulder and spine?

Anybody have a recommendation for a good, inexpensive creatine brand. I think I'm going to make that protein/creatine drink....
I posted an amazon link to the powder I use in my earlier post. It's basically flavorless and readily dissolves in liquid. Maybe there are better ones or cheaper ones out there. I'm not an expert. I add 5g to my oatmeal every morning. Adding it to a protein shake is what most people do I think.

I've been doing half a scoop of whey protein in my oatmeal as well. A whole scoop is just a little much but half a scoop seems doable and is better than nothing I reckon.

Maybe I'll try the bone broth powder next @grapedrink

Oh yeah and I would say for anyone just starting on creatine, drink plenty of water.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
For some reason I thought you were transitioning from male to female. Your endorsement of this product now leads me to believe the reverse is true. Good on you , sister!
I'm transgender.

I never said I was transitioning.

If you think most trans people transition you need to educate yourself on what it means to be trans. Also let me remind you we are a protected class and I'm not going to tolerate your harassment.

I produce a pretty big load, but I want to see how big my load can get.

Women love big loads. There are few things better than the first time a chick is jacking you off onto her t!ts and you're shooting like a SuperSoaker.

They all have a different way of verbally acknowledging your load size when it just keeps coming...whether it's a giggle or a "Looks like you really liked that, huh?"

TBH it's really a huge self-esteem booster for them.