Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Last edited:
Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
We used to encourage my friends little bro to eat way too many Flintstones chewables at once and then laugh our asses off as he ran around the house like a maniac breaking stuff. His mom was not amused. Layer on we‘d do the same thing. Only with drugs.

Last edited:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
You can and should do alot better than Centrum Silver. Poor quality. Fillers. Garbage. Natures Way Alive and Garden of Life are more expensive but so much better. You should get a good quality magnesium supplement.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You can and should do alot better than Centrum Silver. Poor quality. Fillers. Garbage. Natures Way Alive and Garden of Life are more expensive but so much better. You should get a good quality magnesium supplement.
Word. Hippy food stores always have the dank multivitamins.

Good quality ZMA/Zing Magnesiuam whatever A stands for supp bro

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
There are large scale meta studies that show no effect of multivitamins on lifespan (link) and may shorten it (link).

I think you're active enough, that you won't get dementia. Plus, you taught so you were always using your brain. Just the other day, I was thinking about how many times I have to figure something out b/c I'm missing some material that I need to run a lab. Brain exercise.

Reactions: Mr Doof and Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
my doctor looks at my labs and says “keep doing what you’re doing”

I don’t take vitamins and have no reason to start.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sometimes I think taking supplements is a way of bringing structure to your health building campaign.

I'm an all or nothing guy.

If I'm going to try to be healthy I'm going to go overboard on everything.

But the experts say the best supplement is hard cardio and and progressive over load using heavy weights.

A can do mind set is good too.

Especially when you get older.

I'm 61 years old. Here is picture of me. This is what a positive mindset can do for you.

Autoprax

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
what helps more with the can do mind - daily multi vitamin or a scoop of “pre-workout”?

i tried NOexplode in college and wanted to crap myself.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I tried creatine several years ago and it freaked me out. Doing normal weights at the gym was like nothing. Too odd to be healthy I thought and stopped using it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I tried creatine several years ago and it freaked me out. Doing normal weights at the gym was like nothing. Too odd to be healthy I thought and stopped using it.
Creatine is about as safe, efficacious and well studied as it gets in the supplement world. Also helps cognitively and is being studied more and more for that purpose.

If you have a well balanced diet you are probably fine for most vitamins and minerals. The tough ones to get naturally in sufficient quantities from whole food sources are vitamin D, K2, Magnesium and E unless you eat specific foods that supply them. If I ate almonds everyday it would take care of the Mag and E but I find them boring.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I read that L-arginine extends the lifespan of females, not males, so I stopped taking it. My wife stills does, and we take both K and D.

Also taking NMN, and berberine.

When I started these, I took a baseline blood test w 18 biomarkers. After 6 months, I did it again, and it says I'm 5 years younger. Started intermediate fasting, too. I was also low on some healthy fats , so I started taking alpha lipoic acid.

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
my doctor looks at my labs and says “keep doing what you’re doing”

I don’t take vitamins and have no reason to start.

That's what both my primary care and cardiologist told me last year. So in my case I keep taking the multi.

I just bought protein powder.

I was taking creatine too but all this sh!t adds up to expense when you live near the poverty line. Could I take creatine 5 mg before and after weight training day (10mg) and still get benefit?

Reactions: sdsrfr