SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
The Foamie Wars have begun...

6301142C-F71E-4CED-AE88-5975A2B244E5.jpeg
————————————————
Features:

• TWIN FIN SET UP - MR Designed Fin template. 2X Soft PU fins and fin key included. Compatible with traditional dual tab fins.
EPS Core - Highly waterproof & lightweight. 3x stringers increase board strength and maintain rocker.

HDPE Bottom Plate - 1mm thick HDPE high density polyethelene plate. Durable, extra strength performance slick. Available in a range of colours.

• Interchangeable Fin Box - Compatible with most major fin brands. Allows quick and easy fin changing. Secures with fin key (included).

• Thermal Reactive Simulation - To help protect against delamination, all soft boards are tested in a heat induced environment at 70°C for two hours.

• IXL EBS Deck Skin - Cross-linked IXL PE skin with WBS (Water Barrier Skin). Highly water resistant and extremely durable. Excellent grip and impact resistant.

• Warranty - Guaranteed against faulty workmanship or defective materials for 12 months from date of purchase.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
have you ever tried to come off the bottom on a foamy? they bend like a noodle... and then you bog. not fun.

Reactions: jkb

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Why? MR already sold out to Lost a couple years ago.
the MR thing bums me out...but moreso...mre goosn with foamies. there's no question that MOST of these people would not even hit the lineup with a regular board....but they all think it is cool since they have a hip foamie thing....and shwo up in groups of for or five.

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
These boards go for $375. For a foam board.....

I think I only paid around $475 for my last several local shapes and that price included foam core FCS fins.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I listened to a couple of his podcasts and I like the guy, but yea ... he goes on about novices going on about volume, yet he himself refuses to add more.
In his defense, it's a 37 liter board. That's a LOT of volume for a little twinnie.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
In his defense, it's a 37 liter board. That's a LOT of volume for a little twinnie.
In this instance it is, but we're referring to every other board he's ever reviewed :D
Oldmate was on 28L a couple years back a the same girth

Reactions: sh3

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
There was a local company, INT that made a softy that had a hard fiberglass bottom, and it used real futures fin boxes.
Not sure if they are still around? Worst marketing ever if they still exist.

Reactions: Aruka