MR Twin Fin Foamies

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
There was a local company, INT that made a softy that had a hard fiberglass bottom, and it used real futures fin boxes.
Not sure if they are still around? Worst marketing ever if they still exist.
YUP
Still around

I've considered used ones a few times for blackball but my friend who is a lifeguard told me he wouldn't all me in with fins so it's a moot point.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
There was a local company, INT that made a softy that had a hard fiberglass bottom, and it used real futures fin boxes.
They are still around and had a monopoly a long time ago and they knew it. They had big egos about it as well and that has bit them in the ass.

They didnt market themselves and doing way more now. Issue is they they are on the spendy side compared to many others. Best ones I had from them were the 10 footers they used in Brads WSL comps. My chick worked for Brad so I got a couple. Big boats that would catch anything.

Reactions: oeste858

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I have one of these. It's 4'10" that I got at a contest for a 2nd place finish. It was kind of fun in a novelty sort of way when there is some push to the waves. I've demolished the deck (I'm 165lbs) and have only ridden it maybe eight times. My daughter or her friends like to play around on it. It didn't go much better swapping the Pro-Teck fins out for some more rigid (still the cheap white ones) Futures. Lifeguards definitely did not give me a pass using it in coned/flagged areas.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
INT certainly seem to have dropped the ball on the marketing front during this softy craze. I believe they have a lot of contracts with lifeguard associations and surf schools, around SD at least. The plastic bottoms develop horizontal cracks fairly easily

FWIW, I have a 5’4 r-series from Almond that is pretty fun. It made of denser foam (like a cooler) so it’s more rigid and surfs better that the soft foamies. However it dents easily- like a foam cooler would. So now I’ve got some accidental “channels” in random spots. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have to baby it more than a hard board. But I can still keep it in the suv for surf emergencies or drag it to the beach with all the kids’ toys for family beach days. And those are the 2 reasons I justify it to myself.

Reactions: ChaseTMP