Moving San Diego

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I was born and raised in San Diego, and I've never heard anyone calling anyone else a "Val". I always thought that was a Malibu thing.

Born/Raised in Oceanside. I confirm this. Cats were told to go back to Temecula, not the valley. That's an LA thing. Clairmont makes sense further south. But jokes on me. Now I'd be lucky to buy a shack in any of the places I told dudes to go back to.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I don’t give a chit if someone drives from the east side of the 5 as long as they can surf. peeps notice if someone crosses the county N/S for a specific “secret” break, however.

someone trying to regular one beach town north or south and you can be considered out of bounds.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Born/Raised in Oceanside. I confirm this. Cats were told to go back to Temecula, not the valley. That's an LA thing. Clairmont makes sense further south. But jokes on me. Now I'd be lucky to buy a shack in any of the places I told dudes to go back to.
Don't you just hate the irony of life?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Leave Reforest alone! And it’s Murrieta, damnit.

“Val” is definitely a Malibu thing.
Down here, it’s always been, “Go back to Clairemont (or UC)!” as long as I can remember. But now that Clairemont is million dollar tear-down houses, people come from much further east. Maybe try, “Go back to Poway (or La Mesa)!”
LOL

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

down here, it’s always been, Go back to Clairemont (or UC)! as long as I can remember. But now that Clairemont is million dollar tear-down houses, people come from much further east. Maybe try, “Go back to Poway or La Mesa!”
LOL
I used to get a kick out of the fellow EC transplants I lived with saying that to people after being there a year.

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

Down here, it’s always been, “Go back to Clairemont (or UC)!” as long as I can remember. But now that Clairemont is million dollar tear-down houses, people come from much further east. Maybe try, “Go back to Poway (or La Mesa)!”
LOL
I tell people to go back to Clairemont all the time.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

LOL
I grew up in UC and that was a common thing at the reefs and mostly at W&S. LJ Shores and Scripps were neutral territory for the most part and Blacks was more UC centric. Now you got guys and gals coming from all over and where you live doesn't matter too much anymore.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
I live in Bay Ho, SD. I refer to all the gals in my neighborhood as Ho bags. They also used to call me the same before I let my GF move in with me.
:dancing: