Move over, Delta.....B.1.1.5.2.9 is here.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Fox seems to cherry pick statements for their headlines. Here what (else) the MD said-

Coetzee started briefing other African medical associations on Saturday, discussing the variety of symptoms, such as "one very interesting case" of a six-year-old child with a fever and "very high pulse rate."

"What we have to worry about now is that when older, unvaccinated people are infected with the new variant, and if they are not vaccinated, we are going to see many people with a severe [form of the] disease," Coetzee said
Speaking of cherry picking….

“We had one very interesting case, a kid, about six years old, with a temperature and a very high pulse rate, and I wondered if I should admit her. But when I followed up two days later, she was so much better,” Dr Coetzee says.

Dr Coetzee, who was briefing other African medical associations on Saturday, made clear her patients were all healthy and she was worried the new variant could still hit older people – with co-morbidities such as diabetes or heart disease – much harder.

“What we have to worry about now is that when older, unvaccinated people are infected with the new variant, and if they are not vaccinated, we are going to see many people with a severe [form of the] disease,” she said.”

Reactions: enframed and kpd73

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
The South African doctor who first identified the omicron variant that is spreading in the country and abroad has described the symptoms as she observed them in her patients, stating that the strain is so far producing “very, very mild” effects in them

Reactions: Ifallalot and kpd73

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ifail is the Queen of Covid Karens
It’s really easy to spot the people who later historians look at and ponder: “How did this happen? How did free people go along with this?”

you might think you’re a good guy because you fall in with the “progressive and tolerant” Left, but you’re the train driver. You’re the guard

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think they are hoping to scare the unvaccinated.

Hopefully the new more contagious strain will be less trauma inducing to the society.

It will be cool if the weaker more contagious strain over takes the delta.

It will be what gets us out of this mess.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You never answered my question about believing covid being a hoax and a global conspiracy.

Why are you afraid to admit your beliefs?

You would have the support of the many conspiracy theorist who frequent this shithole.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You never answered my question about believing covid being a hoax and a global conspiracy.

Why are you afraid to admit your beliefs?

You would have the support of the many conspiracy theorist who frequent this shithole.
Was that directed to me? You're on my ignore list so I only see a fraction of what you post.

Is covid a hoax? Of course not. The hype is just massively out of control and its been politically exploited ad-nauseum.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Why would you put Autoprax on your ignore list? I can only think of one reason.

it's not easy to examine ones own logical inconsistencies, moral and ethical inconsistencies, and lack of ethos.

I try to do so whenever possible but it's never pleasant.