Most young men are single. Most young women are not.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Okay for you CA guys out there...haha can't believe I haven't asked.

I met this nice girl. Hot, smart, and has her sh!t together. Her dad is a navy dr and they have a few places in San DIego, Coronado specifically. They also have a killer property in Santa Barbara, small ranch with an ocean view...couple horses (I know I know). Kinda put the breaks on the dating for a couple months over winter b/c she was traveling (to HI for christmas) and I was striper fishing every weekend out of town. We haven't fooked yet, actually been taking it slow and started having dinner again, but man should I wife this girl or run?

Find out more about the horse thing.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Okay for you CA guys out there...haha can't believe I haven't asked.

I met this nice girl. Hot, smart, and has her sh!t together. Her dad is a navy dr and they have a few places in San DIego, Coronado specifically. They also have a killer property in Santa Barbara, small ranch with an ocean view...couple horses (I know I know). Kinda put the breaks on the dating for a couple months over winter b/c she was traveling (to HI for christmas) and I was striper fishing every weekend out of town. We haven't fooked yet, actually been taking it slow and started having dinner again, but man should I wife this girl or run?
Sounds like her family has serious money. Which could be a good thing, or a bad thing, or just a thing.

Reactions: wedge2 and sdsrfr

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
are they visible at least? the amount of dark blurry photos i come across on these apps is redic..like i cant see you.

or even worse - so many filters it looks like it was made by AI.
The photos are clear.

You can't figure which one it is.

I always tell people to ask if it's polyamorous thing. "Do I get both of you?"

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Apparently she has horses too, the girls at my work said that's always a bad sign.:shrug:
IMO, horses is only a bad sign if they don't own the ranch. If they rent or own a horse and rent a stable, yeah, watch out.

Judy wrote the saddest song
She showed it to a boy in school today
Judy, where did you go wrong?
You used to make me smile when I was down
Judy was a teenage rebel
She did it with a boy when she was young
She gave herself to books and learning
She gave herself to being number one
Judy, I don't know you if you're gonna show me everything
Judy, I don't know you if you're gonna show me everything
Judy got a book at school
She went under the covers with her torch
She fell asleep till it was morning
She dreamt about the girl who stole a horse
Judy never felt so good except when she was sleeping
Judy never felt so good except when she was sleeping
Judy, let's go for a walk
We can kiss and do whatever you want
But you will be disappointed
You will fall asleep with ants in your pants
Judy, you're just trying to find and keep the dream of horses
And the song she wrote was Judy and the Dream of Horses
Dream of Horses, Dream of Horses
You dream of horses
The best looking boys are taken
The best looking girls are staying inside
So Judy, where does that leave you?
Walking the street from morning to night
With a star upon your shoulder lighting up the path that you walk
With a parrot on your shoulder, saying everything when you talk
If you're ever feeling blue
Then write another song about your dream of horses
Write a song about your dream of horses
Call it Judy And The Dream Of Horses
Call it Judy And The Dream Of Horses
You dream of horses

Reactions: wedge2

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Horse chicks can be really hot, but you'll always be second to the horse.
Horse husband here. Can confirm. Might sound like a bummer, but I love it for the most part. Having a wife with a passion that requires her to be outdoors doing her own thing for a few hours 5+ times per week is pretty ideal for a surfer. Are there times when it's annoying as f*ck to plan around the horse, or stop by the barn on our way home, or have to feed it while she's out of town? Absolutely. But it makes it nearly impossible for her to complain about my habits or get annoyed with me for pursuing my passions.

With that said, I would not even begin to consider getting in a long-term relationship with a horse woman who does not make real money, because they will be pouring a substantial amount into the horse....forever. But again, she can't say sh*t when you order a new board or new golf clubs or whatever. She'll be spending more than that on her horse pretty much every month. Ymmv

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Work friend here in LA is on the same program as a few who've commented. 40 years old, average looks but in shape, good career, decent level of self confidence, and no obvious red flags/obnoxious personality traits = endless stream of hot 20-somethings that most people would consider "out of his league" on the basis of looks alone. There are only two consistent problems he notes:

1) He really wants to settle down and start a family and finding a decent looking woman with something going for her (i.e. a career) who is also looking for something "real" is nearly impossible in his experience. He can get an endless stream of 20 year old instagram models, but never gets any interactions with good looking 30+ women with decent jobs; and

2) Relatedly, the endless stream of 20-something bimbos makes it very hard to focus on his goal of settling down and has given him a hairpin trigger when it comes to dealing with typical dating bs.
Sounds like he should accept his lot in life and bang as many young hotties as he can and hope for the best. Could be worse.

Question is, why is he struggling with the 30-somethings or even the late 20-somethings who are likely starting to hit their career stride :unsure: You'd think that LA area would be a good market for that?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Work friend here in LA is on the same program as a few who've commented. 40 years old, average looks but in shape, good career, decent level of self confidence, and no obvious red flags/obnoxious personality traits = endless stream of hot 20-somethings that most people would consider "out of his league" on the basis of looks alone. There are only two consistent problems he notes:

1) He really wants to settle down and start a family and finding a decent looking woman with something going for her (i.e. a career) who is also looking for something "real" is nearly impossible in his experience. He can get an endless stream of 20 year old instagram models, but never gets any interactions with good looking 30+ women with decent jobs; and

2) Relatedly, the endless stream of 20-something bimbos makes it very hard to focus on his goal of settling down and has given him a hairpin trigger when it comes to dealing with typical dating bs.
Maybe he should try 30+ women only. Sounds like he likes to fcuk the 20-somethings more than he wants to settle down.

Also, just talk to women IRL. So many women are really impressed these days that someone just approaches them at the bar, coffee shop, whatever, cuz it's become such a rare thing.

Has he ever been in a long-term relationship/marriage? Maybe there are pitfalls for men by waiting until 40 to settle down, too.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Sounds like he should accept his lot in life and bang as many young hotties as he can and hope for the best. Could be worse.

Question is, why is he struggling with the 30-somethings or even the late 20-somethings who are likely starting to hit their career stride :unsure: You'd think that LA area would be a good market for that?
According to him, it is exceedingly difficult to get any interactions with somewhat older desirable women on the apps. I have a few theories: (1) Wrong dating sites, maybe he needs to commit to eHarmony or something; (2) while money/career is very appealing to young women in LA who want to live above their means for at least a night or two, it's not quite as attractive to women who have been in the city for a while and/or built a solid career/lifestyle for themselves. That hurts when he's shooting for women out of his league looks wise; (3) he's shorter than 5'10'', and (4) the type of women he's are inundated with options.

It still puzzles me though and part of me suspects, it's just the easy young action distracting him and he doesn't want to admit it.