Most shitious board brand?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Is this like paddleboard drama/gossip?

Dish.
They first copied an SUP to get into the SUP world. I think it was a 404. Flat out copy with an identical paint job, but their V3SL logo.

Then they copied a Bark Commander prone board and, once again, gave it an identical paint job with the V3SL logo instead. That move created a sh*t-ton of hate in the prone world. What, there's maybe 500 of us in CA and you're doing that? I tried to be kind and said you're just looking to create a small fortune from a large one. I think they've since changed their designs... but the hate is already there. Prone paddlers went ape-sh*t crazy on Facebook from that fiasco.
:roflmao:

Reactions: Aruka

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
you could surf for the rest of your life and still not ride as many waves as I have, the most wave riding you do is in your dreams
How many waves is that exactly? How do you collect your data and keep count? Do you use any specific technological advancements or do you go old school and journal? I know you‘ve mentioned you have superior brain powers, so do you just keep it on lock betwixt your ears? I ask because would like to start counting my waves so I can also flex hard on fools with my wave count. I always like to support my claims with data because, well, science!

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Degree33 gotta be up there. Seems like they've made improvements, but also seem like outsiders trying to weasel their way into a now-popular industry. The "About Us" page is cringe.

When your whole goal is to just sell boards, you kind of follow a “stack 'em deep and sell 'em cheap” philosophy. This naivety had some unintended consequences however. It had created a business that was disconnected from those who had gone before us, an unfortunate reality that created more enemies in the surf industry than allies. There is so much history that comes along with surf culture, and admittedly, when we started, we were oblivious to that.

As with many things, with time comes understanding. Fast forward to today and the evolution of Degree 33 is very apparent. The company has gone from building generic boards with little thought given to shape, design, and build quality, to teaming up with local San Diego legendary shaper of 51 years, Bill Minard, to update, fine-tune, and design our shapes. Having a surfboard designed by a true master means that when you get one of our boards under your feet, it just feels right.

Do we have everything figured out? Na, not even close. As a company we are just starting to understand what our industry and culture are truly all about, who came before us, what they contributed, and how we can continue in the legacy they’ve left behind.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Gentleman. I wanna hear about shitty glassing and backwards fin boxes not you concave measuring contest
Believe it or not I had a local garage dude shape me a board with all 5 futures boxes installed backwards. I guess he'd only ever done glass ons. I had to hound him for weeks to get my deposit back. Not really a brand but one of my most shitious board order experiences for sure.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Believe it or not I had a local garage dude shape me a board with all 5 futures boxes installed backwards. I guess he'd only ever done glass ons. I had to hound him for weeks to get my deposit back. Not really a brand but one of my most shitious board order experiences for sure.
Thats what happens when your shaper spends your deposit on meth before your bord is done :shrug: