Most of Europe is Poorer than the US

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Way off subject here, but the other night I fell asleep in front of the TV. When I came around the classic Vertigo was playing. Kind of interesting checking out 1958 San Francisco. For some reasons I thought of you and Nep. I think it was on the STARZ network.
1 Ft Point was uncrowded!

2 Sometimes when I have friends visiting, I take them on walking tours. At some point we'll go past her apartment near the Lombard St twists, I point it out, and they go, "Whaaaaatttt? You want me to remember a scene from a a B&W movie?" Guess I need to update the walk with shots from Venom....

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Read the article dipshit. More Americans are more well-off than Europeans on an individual basis.
It's a shame that they have to give that money to health insurance companies.

Looking at just taxes and nothing else is stupid.

Euros get good value for money on their taxes, we get to pay for wars.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just to toss some combustible materials onto the pyre, if one of the purposes of money is to make living easier/better, then it seems like there should be some correlation with it and happiness. More $ = more happiness (well, maybe to a point).

So with this viewpoint, with the USA on average being richer than Europe, why are they happier?

I've always wondered if nations made up of large numbers of immigrants are predisposed to being less happy due to genetics.

The driver of their growth as nations were people who were generally unhappy in the first place.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I've always wondered if nations made up of large numbers of immigrants are predisposed to being less happy due to genetics.

The driver of their growth as nations were people who were generally unhappy in the first place.
wouldn't the immigrants register an improvement in self-assessed happiness
once they have successfully emigrated?

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace