Most Hassle Free Spring Trip Mex/Central Am

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Surf has been beyond pathetic this winter and spring is not looking any better. Going to need a week or 2 somewhere with actual surf. Looking for close to airport, rental car unnecessary. Just looking for an easy fun trip, any suggestions?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Waves have been good here, but New England is getting colder as I get older.

I'm El Salvador bound in ~ 20 days, if I get a negative PCR test or vaccine prior to departure, went there in 2008, so a repeat trip, but will be hitting some new spots too. Trip I had in 2008 was quality, few mid range pro's from that decade showed up and were kind of fun to hang with. That's my 2 cents

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
From where you are mainland Mexico is a pita to get to travel wise. Then, I can’t think of many places where it’s not an inconvenience or very expensive not to have your own transportation to surf.

Check the Nicaragua threads if you want to get outside the normal upper east coast travel destinations like Puerto Rico (and trestles).

There’s been posters here that went, haven’t seen a bad report yet.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
From where you are mainland Mexico is a pita to get to travel wise. Then, I can’t think of many places where it’s not an inconvenience or very expensive not to have your own transportation to surf.

Check the Nicaragua threads if you want to get outside the normal upper east coast travel destinations like Puerto Rico (and trestles).

There’s been posters here that went, haven’t seen a bad report yet.
wrong season, but thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Waves have been good here, but New England is getting colder as I get older.

I'm El Salvador bound in ~ 20 days, if I get a negative PCR test or vaccine prior to departure, went there in 2008, so a repeat trip, but will be hitting some new spots too. Trip I had in 2008 was quality, few mid range pro's from that decade showed up and were kind of fun to hang with. That's my 2 cents
I'll be there. I'm old and ginger, probably 6'3". Look for the guy going real slow over the cobbles.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
People like that are probably better resources than the computer jockeys in here
Which responses that he got in this thread do you consider to have been posted by “the computer jockeys in here”? He asked for advice, he got it. It should be noted that he wasn’t gonna go anywhere anyway. Check my response to him: Nicaragua. Him: wrong season. Boots on the ground: it’s firing.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Which responses that he got in this thread do you consider to have been posted by “the computer jockeys in here”? He asked for advice, he got it. It should be noted that he wasn’t gonna go anywhere anyway. Check my response to him: Nicaragua. Him: wrong season. Boots on the ground: it’s firing.
My mistake, must have missed the Nica suggestion. Are you always such a nasty old man?

• Dislike
Reactions: Clayster