Most dangerous erbber with a gun

LipService

OTF status
Feb 10, 2017
I saw a news story that there were 40 mass shootings already in 2023 with 73 dead.

This is 1.8 deaths per mass shooting on average.

I'm not trying to downplay it, but I fail to see the "mass" in "mass shooting" :shrug:

Reactions: Ifallalot

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I saw a news story that there were 40 mass shootings already in 2023 with 73 dead.

This is 1.8 deaths per mass shooting on average.

I'm not trying to downplay it, but I fail to see the "mass" in "mass shooting" :shrug:
Considering three or more "mass"

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Considering three or more "mass"
my bet is that it would be an unstable turd of the type that would call another erbber’s boss, ratting him out and trying to get him fired because of an idiotic erbb argument...

but who exactly would do something like that ?

has the pico purchased a weapon recently ?

holy foreshadowing post batman !?

Reactions: crustBrother

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
IMO mass shootings are more random, hence that apprehension towards the unknown.

But the usual urban street violence... aside from the occasional innocent bystander, it's criminals shooting criminals and average people can pretty much avoid that by not going into shitty areas, especially not at night (or when school lets out). Seems to be more stabbings up here than shootings.
The shitty areas are growing. Anywhere in LA county that doesn't have an independent police force is getting pretty dicey at night.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why is mass shootings the metric? What does your chart define as a mass shooting? Obviously not a weekend in Chicago. Are people more dead when they are killed in bunches? Have you considered correcting for population?

Black males in the US are an extremely violent group if you want to use race as the metric. Of course there are other societal and social economic issues that need to be considered....but these are things that would apply to all races (including mass murdering whites) for all types of crimes.
13/52

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Mass shootings represent a tiny share of all shooting deaths

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
.....A Congressional Research Service (CRS) report from 2013 identified 78 “public mass shootings” between 1983 and 2012, which claimed 547 lives. For context, 11,622 people (more than 20 times the mass shooting toll over three decades) died in gun homicides in 2012 alone — and murder is, in general, on the decline, so that number was higher in the 1980s and ‘90s. “While tragic and shocking, public mass shootings account for few of the murders or non-negligent homicides related to firearms that occur annually in the United States,” CRS concluded......
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
my bet is that it would be an unstable turd of the type that would call another erbber’s boss, ratting him out and trying to get him fired because of an idiotic erbb argument...

but who exactly would do something like that ?

has the pico purchased a weapon recently ?

holy foreshadowing post batman !?
I have an illegal 1947 Winchester Model 12 16 gauge. Both my guns game off global traveling sailboats. Im thinking a throwing it in the drink

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I have an illegal 1947 Winchester Model 12 16 gauge. Both my guns game off global traveling sailboats. Im thinking a throwing it in the drink
Why??!? I'll buy it

Model 12s are awesome

What's "illegal" about it?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Im thinking a throwing it in the drink
You should be thinking about selling it to another mariner. I hope they don't shut down the erBB before the 2024 primary season starts up; at the rate you do the capitalisms, the St. John's is going to be a blue ribbon trout stream with sturgeon jumping over striped bass.

Reactions: mundus

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
People without dogs are bad and untrustworthy. It's a character flaw
Coming from the local Sociopath.

Incorrect. I love dogs. I live in a condo. No place for a dog. It would be irresponsible and cheating the dog. Nobody likes a Condo Dog. A dog needs a yard.