More classified documents found in Biden's Delaware garage, White House reveals

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Open, in plain sight corruption and it was ignored and outright defended by the Trumpers here.

Reactions: npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
People are too invested in party identity to open their eyes to the circus we've allowed our government to become.
My parents gave me great advice when I turned 18 and registered to vote. They told me to not be loyal to any political party and never vote party line. They told me to view each candidate, proposition, measure, etc... as a stand alone entity/item and base my decision on who or what is best for all. Gave the same advice to my kids when they registered to vote at 18.
It amazes me that people would vote for some of the complete whackos we have on Capitol Hill and in the Whitehouse.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
Wrong again ding dong. Trump today still maintains clearance. Believe it or not ex presidents and or their staff still engage in classified conversations all the time. This gives subsequent administrations a valuable contact to figure out what happened or what they saw at a previous event or time that drove a decision or an outcome. Ex presidents also name staff members that will continue to have access to all documents at the archives once they are out of office.

You still didn't answer the question. You said only the person who classifies a document can un-classify it. What if that person dies, genius?
Wrong. Just like any employer leaving a defense company or classified program. You get debriefed and you have no privy to information.

The classification comes from the security agency.

What a simpleton.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Wrong. Just like any employer leaving a defense company or classified program. You get debriefed and you have no privy to information.

What a simpleton.
Yep.
When my Dad retired from Convair, he had a long debrief and was relieved of all of his security clearances. One day he had practically unfettered access to just about anywhere in the Pentagon to being relegated to a tourist the next.

Reactions: Makule and afoaf

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

What a simpleton.

Wrong. Sandy Berger (Burglar) was a Bill Clinton staffer. Burger got convicted of twice removing secure documents from the national archives as Clinton was leaving office. Burger stuffed the documents into his pants, and walked out.

Burger's sentence was to do a bunch of community service, and to forfeit his Washington security clearance for three years. The sentence was a slap on the wrist and a slap in the face of justice. However, it showed that all outgoing administration personnel have Washington security clearances.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Wrong. Sandy Berger (Burglar) was a Bill Clinton staffer. Burger got convicted of twice removing secure documents from the national archives as Clinton was leaving office. Burger stuffed the documents into his pants, and walked out.

Burger's sentence was to do a bunch of community service, and to forfeit his Washington security clearance for three years. The sentence was a slap on the wrist and a slap in the face of justice. However, it showed that all outgoing administration personnel have Washington security clearances.

incoherent as usual, squidliar!

Berger removed the documents after he was out of office

Berger, unlike Trump, still had security clearances

Trump was not authorized to possess any of the documents in question

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What kind of zero takes the Vice Presidency seriously to even have classified documents? Just act solemn at funerals then swing by Hunter's crack whore party after hours.

Imagine having Vice President money and sporting a whip with a four speed, a carburetor, and a pushrod motor, and cherishing vanilla fucking ice cream.

Poor Hunter. Imagine having a Dad simultaneously so painfully basic yet so insufferably overbearing. I see his debauchery as a rebellious cry for help now.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
incoherent as usual, squidliar!

Berger removed the documents after he was out of office

Berger, unlike Trump, still had security clearances

Trump was not authorized to possess any of the documents in question

I see, so an ex-staffer is authorized to possess presidential papers, but an ex-president is not.

Incoherent?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I see, so an ex-staffer is authorized to possess presidential papers, but an ex-president is not.

Incoherent?
that's not what I said...

and your response to the original point was incoherent and irrelevant

Berger had the necessary clearances to view the documents at the National Archives which is how he got in there in the first place.

He did NOT have the right to take them...which is why he put them in his socks AND was subsequently charged for doing so.

Trump did NOT have the right to take the documents to Mar a Lago and certainly not the classified ones

there is a process for declassifying that requires the sign off of the relevant agency(/ies); there is currently no indication that this motion was ever taken

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
there is a process for declassifying that requires the sign off of the relevant agency(/ies); there is currently no indication that this motion was ever taken

According to.....

.....You.

Oh really? Please share with us the applicable law which requires a PRESIDENT to follow your "process" for declassifying documents, and point us at the applicable process.

Wrong. There is no "process" for a PRESIDENT to declassify documents. Constitutionally, as chief of the branch of government which classifies documents a president can declassify a document merely with how he uses it. It wouldn't even matter if there was a law, and that's why there's not one.

Vice presidents have no such authority.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
bottom line: Biden js senile and doesn't know what year it is.

but so Biden is a nefarious criminal mastermind and head of the Biden Crime Family.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
There's even another layer to this vice president document declassification argument. It comes out the same. Vice presidents have no document declassification authority.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

Incoherent?
omg...Berger still had the clearance to view them, NOT TO TAKE THEM OUT OF THE BUILDING

which was why he was able to go to the NA and see the documents in a secure room but was charged when he attempted to leave with them

there is a process for declassification so that relevant agencies are notified and can process the documents accordingly...none of this was done.

to wit, the courts have already said that the documents are still classified

your track record on legal prognostication speaks for itself...you're batting .000

even when the courts have already ruled in a manner that contradicts your arguments, you're still out here trying to tell us the sky isn't blue

squidliar - always the wrongest guy in the fkn room

Biden did the same thing as Sandy Berger and foaf is defending it.
please point to where I defended any of this

holy fk you are a thirsty little man

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
You leftist idiots still haven't picked up on the leftist alleged "fact checkers'" claim that Obama's executive order gave Biden authority to declassify documents.

Obama's executive order is here:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-classified-national-security-information

I scanned the document with a “find” instruction for "Vice President". I found that the document authorized Vice President Biden to classify documents, but did NOT authorize him to declassify documents.

Even if you were to make an argument that classification power implies declassification power, the executive order goes out of its way to separate classification authority from declassification authority, and specifies exactly who may declassify documents. The Vice President is not included in the people who may declassify documents.