Money vs. Time or. Time vs. Money

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Good thread for the erbb! As a guy nearing 40 and seeing the scales tip, I vote for time.

I like Sussles and Random Guys posts.

I am still on track to exit the corporate world in 2022 and embark on generating my own income through entrepreneurship. THe anticipated results fo this will be a reduction in income (ok with me) but an increase in time!

Making $$$ from my own businesses will be empowering and I can be the judge on where the balance between money and time should lay. And the nice thing is I can fluctuate this with change of seasons, demand on my businesses, etc. I expect to eventually make a name for myself where I can pick and chose jobs based on how lucrative and enjoyable they will be.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
All this talk of Wim Hoff and his cold therapy techniques got me thinking of the irony of first world folks, bank accounts ripe full, working their lives away to go home and pay to do what poor folks do everyday for free....

Take a cold shower.

There's a reason people spend their lives slaving away at the grindstone, normally it is not to get in shape like Conan in the movie. It is however to be able to afford luxuries.

Gets me every time... Rich folks throwing luxuries out the window in order to behave like poor folks.

:unsure::trout::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::socrazy:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
All this talk of Wim Hoff and his cold therapy techniques got me thinking of the irony of first world folks, bank accounts ripe full, working their lives away to go home and pay to do what poor folks do everyday for free....

Take a cold shower.

There's a reason people spend their lives slaving away at the grindstone, normally it is not to get in shape like Conan in the movie. It is however to be able to afford luxuries.

Gets me every time... Rich folks throwing luxuries out the window in order to behave like poor folks.

I believe it’s called.
White.
Privilege?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
you can always get lost/more money from a variety of ways
you can never get back lost time
those who have lived every minute of their life to the fullest have the richest of lives.

Reactions: grapedrink
Jan 4, 2009
San Diego
Yeah, sure
But have you ever done a family ski/snowboard trip for a few days with no money?
Personally, I don’t need a lot of stuff, but som of the tings I like to do with my time cost more money than someone with no money can afford
Balance
The elusive ever changing goal
I agree. Just got back from a week in Jackson Hole with the whole family. Very expensive week. Luckily, my company balances time off and income very well.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I agree. Just got back from a week in Jackson Hole with the whole family. Very expensive week. Luckily, my company balances time off and income very well.
Same, just not the Jackson hole part. At this stage in my time with the company, I’ve got like 6 weeks PTO. and with remote work still voluntary until at least summer time, I’ll even put in A few work days from Nica. I think that is a decent work life balance trade off

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Take a cold shower.

I see you opening a Glamping Resort in your future.

And as far as time vs. money, you can always earn money back but you don't get that time back.

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
time is more important than money,
but money can buy you time.

get the balance right...
This is it in a nutshell. I'd rather have money, given that and 35 years of a working life. If you really need the time but have the money, that's a lot easier than having time but needing money, if you get my drift. Of course you don't want to build a lifestyle that is dependent on your working insane hours to finance it, but I know some people who love that...

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
You know, no matter how much you work, you'll not collect all the money in the world.
And even with all the money in the world, no amount of painted pieces of paper, nor digital entries on a puter, can buy you one more second when it's time to meat your maker to their face.

:shameonyou:

tbuc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2006
I used to accompany the Mrs's to the clinic when she was doing Chemo in her early 50s. I would trip on the people who
were willing to put up with that who had 20+ years on her.

Just a little more time... that's what they wanted. Didn't matter what they had to go through to get it.