Modern-ish twin?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I borrowed a buddy’s JS Black Baron today for an hour. That board does not suck!! I know Album gets most of the twin love....for good reason. But man, never had a JS, might have to now. Guess I should have watched the reviews:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I borrowed a buddy’s JS Black Baron today for an hour. That board does not suck!! I know Album gets most of the twin love....for good reason. But man, never had a JS, might have to now. Guess I should have watched the reviews:

That board has a nice looking outline, but the rocker looks so flat.

Reactions: sdsrfr

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
That board has a nice looking outline, but the rocker looks so flat.
Too far forward.
I agree with both of these statements. Outline is the most appealing part for me. But rocker and fin placement dont look ideal. Plus, my stance has always been why go to an aussie shaper for a twin fin? US is where those things have been invented and perfected for decades.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Agree super flat rocker never looked like something I’d properly sirf.

have seen some folks ripping on them in bowly beach breaks just fine, so maybe more than meets the eye, or archer not arrow.

the adult learners aren’t flocking to this one i dont think.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
this is from when ever Firewire came to being (2004-2005) because this was one of the first production twins they made.
I got it used from someone on the BB back then
This is also the only demo board I ever got from Greg and my first exposure to his work. Greg eventually made me a set of G10 twins for the firewire that changed that board from a floaty pivot machine with no drive to something that Barnfield could take out to pipe. I traded in the twin to Barnfield for an Alternator.
I was already too fat for GG's twin but my brother who's like 10-20lbs lighter said it was eye opening. Pushing the fins back made a huge difference on both boards. Piece of garbage composite with 1/42" Mahagony and Birch veneers and multi-layer balsa/construction paper nose and tail blocks gave it away to a neighbor's kid.

PICT0871.JPG
PICT0870.JPG
PICT0869.JPG

My current GG twin/tri convertible. I have 2 for posterity sake.

cyril's felix.jpg