Modern-ish twin?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
does yours have a center box?

I didn't ask for any modified fin placement on my first one but we did go back and forth a bit, maybe he made changes based on what we talked about. I had him make me a longer one with a narrower tail and a trailer box and the fin placement is a bit further forward.
Nope, made for running keels, too. I did tell him I wanted to loosen up my TKF when ordering so maybe he pushed them a little forward, too?

in discussion he asked me what fins I was planning on running and I told him TA Hobies. He mentioned Hobies are good and I may also like his for a little variety since they both are “big” keels.

I measured the banjo with his template vs my TKF with glass-ons and placement was about the same.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Can somebody help with sizing on Alpha/Omega?

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but would like to pull the trigger on the order and the dims on paper look confusing.

Out of my experience with the Octafish, I know Malcolm packs a lot of foam in them so I don't want to go too big.

I'm 6'1" 200 and old. I'm thinking 5'10" but I read somewhere that I should go bigger.

the 5'10" is 2 ⅞" and it carries that foam through the nose. Seems like plenty of foam but when up and riding, it's a different story. Thanks :shaka:

1598736702830.png

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but would like to pull the trigger on the order and the dims on paper look confusing.

Out of my experience with the Octafish, I know Malcolm packs a lot of foam in them so I don't want to go too big.

I'm 6'1" 200 and old. I'm thinking 5'10" but I read somewhere that I should go bigger.

the 5'10" is 2 ⅞" and it carries that foam through the nose. Seems like plenty of foam but when up and riding, it's a different story. Thanks :shaka:

View attachment 97007
Go 6’1 imo

I can only compare to the russ short.

It has a lot of foam but nothing like the russ short. The russ short felt like so much board. The AO is...different.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014

View attachment 97007
ok so is that a man or a woman or a woman wuth a mustache or a woman thatgonna be a man?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Go 6’1 imo

I can only compare to the russ short.

It has a lot of foam but nothing like the russ short. The russ short felt like so much board. The AO is...different.
What dims was your Rus?

I know you are the same dims as me.

Cheers.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
What dims was your Rus?

I know you are the same dims as me.

Cheers.
Russ short was 6’4

I had the same hesitation ordering my ao. I was worried there’d be too much foam up front. I have a 6’4 ao on order. The russ short felt awkward if I was too far back. The ao I feel I’ve gotten heavier on my back foot - that it likes to be surfed over the fins, but obviously is forgiving if you are more forward on it.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Russ short was 6’4

I had the same hesitation ordering my ao. I was worried there’d be too much foam up front. I have a 6’4 ao on order. The russ short felt awkward if I was too far back. The ao I feel I’ve gotten heavier on my back foot - that it likes to be surfed over the fins, but obviously is forgiving if you are more forward on it.
Thanks. I was thinking the same at first, 6'4", but then I saw that photo above and how much thickness it carries forward and started thinking about 5'10" - 6'0"

What's the rest of the dims you ordered with your 6'4" AO?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Thanks. I was thinking the same at first, 6'4", but then I saw that photo above and how much thickness it carries forward and started thinking about 5'10" - 6'0"

What's the rest of the dims you ordered with your 6'4" AO?
6’1 x 21.5 x 2.875 is magic. It’s all I need.

Ordered a 6’4 x 21.25 x 2.875

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

View attachment 97007
Why not just call or email Malcom? He is so mellow and will take the time, just make sure you ask for med rails (if that's what you want) otherwise it likely will come full.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Why not just call or email Malcom? He is so mellow and will take the time, just make sure you ask for med rails (if that's what you want) otherwise it likely will come full.
For sure, I know he's cool, I'm just trying to figure out what I want. :bricks:

Last edited:
Reactions: chilly1