Modern-ish twin?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Looking for something like the Morning of the Earth twins that Simon Jones is doing like the Tracks Twin or the LBOH but something I can get in the US for less than a mortgage payment and the promise of my first child.

Specifically, a dedicated twin (no extra trailer), mid 5 foot, bit of a volume up front, not a ton in the tail, not too fishy. Something that will work in punchy east coast beach break rather than down the line fantasy point breaks.

Who's doing this type of board? I'm in the northeast, I don't have a local shaper.

Reactions: chilly1

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Lets go! I am excited to hear what comments you get! Just watched that MORT NZ vid!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Aruka and Woke AF

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Looking for something like the Morning of the Earth twins that Simon Jones is doing like the Tracks Twin or the LBOH but something I can get in the US for less than a mortgage payment and the promise of my first child.

Specifically, a dedicated twin (no extra trailer), mid 5 foot, bit of a volume up front, not a ton in the tail, not too fishy. Something that will work in punchy east coast beach break rather than down the line fantasy point breaks.

Who's doing this type of board? I'm in the northeast, I don't have a local shaper.
Malcom Campbell alpha omega

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
As far as erBB goes the Rusty Twin has been rather immune from criticism.

still yet to bang tho.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I plan on throwing down the extra couple hundred for the lboh, but the alpha omega is all I could ever wish for.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Alpha omega looks cool but a little different.

@rgruber - whats price/shipping to NY. I’m in same area and wouldn’t mind trying one either. Could probably get enough interest to at least reduce shipping?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Saw Akila surfing yesterday. He was coaching some kids. Not sure if they were his but he mostly stayed on the inside. He’s been making a lot of the local rippers killer boards.

Another shaper that has been getting rave reviews on his twins and quads is Daniel Jones. Saw him mid-swell he was a standout even though he wasn’t on the sets. Riding a twin keel.

http://instagr.am/p/CER8w4CHdVJ/
http://instagr.am/p/B28Pn7eHYcW/

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Was this one not good enough ?

It’s great. Probably top 3 all time for me. Needs a fairly significant plug/tail repair and I don’t really know who to trust to fix correctly. That one’s a 5’9- would probably try a 6’4” or something in the other design. More of a cruiser. A few more photos on the 5’9”. Fun fact: none of the waves pictured break at all anymore

Attachments