Modern-ish twin?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
You had both rusty and the spark plug, yah?

which was better for the meh-DD days?
Lol. Yes, had both. Very similar wave range. Rusty is packaged more like a hpsb but it groveled great for me. Stamps has a generally wider outline.

But keep in mind that my Rusty was 6’0, 19.5, 2.3 (stock dims) and my Stamps was 5’8, 20.25, 2.5 (different from stock).

i have pics of my spark plug somewhere on the Stamps thread.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
The Bullet Twin looks really good as I'm a sucker for round tails. CI is supposed to be working on something like that with Mikey February but no idea when/if it's coming. Don't love CI's but they are easy to get locally.
Yeah, CI's Twin Pin is very similar, but it's not coming out until 2021. Britt Merrick was up at Proof Lab in Mill Valley feeling-up the Bullet Twins and lo and behold...

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Lol. Yes, had both. Very similar wave range. Rusty is packaged more like a hpsb but it groveled great for me. Stamps has a generally wider outline.

But keep in mind that my Rusty was 6’0, 19.5, 2.3 (stock dims) and my Stamps was 5’8, 20.25, 2.5 (different from stock).

i have pics of my spark plug somewhere on the Stamps thread.
:cheers:

I was emailing Tim about one of them but had 2 other boards from him I hadnt fully broken in so I held off. 6-8wks later and I wish I made an order. :crazy2:

Reactions: JDJ and MathDebater

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Where can one find a Stacy in NCSD/OC shops?

anyone try the chili round tail twin?
Tim Milliken at Pureglass (Costa Mesa) was trying to get Stacey to produce boards with them, but things fell through pretty quickly after a small amount were done (it wasn't a quality issue). I think you have to get one ordered through Proof Lab. I think you can work out something with them and get it shipped down your way through another brand's truck. If you decide to go that route and run into a dead end PM me and I can maybe help out.

Chilli US is (relatively) local to me and one of the guys who works there is a very good surfer and loves his. I rode a friend's 6'0 which might as well been an SUP for me (I'd normally ride a 5'5) and thought it would be pretty cool if I had it sized right. I think it's a little crusier than the Stacey, being wider (much wider in the tail) at similar volumes.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The Rusty Twin is a fun board but I dunno if I ever really figured out where it fit in for me. Maybe if I'd gone shorter and wider it would have had more low end but as it was it almost felt like a board that I would ride in place of a hpsb. I've had some really fun sessions on it but I think if I'm going to ride a twin fin I want a little more easy speed and drive. I think part of the advantage of a good twin, or maybe just what I am looking for in one is being able to have something that is a little flatter and higher volume so it paddles well and makes effortless speed but then because it's a twin it also turns easily.

Album Lightbender might be a little too fishy for what OP is after although I don't think it's any fishier than something like the MOTE LBOH. Anyways, that's what I've been riding and enjoying a lot in knee to head high beachbreaks.

Last edited:

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Both Stamps and Rusty have the fins pulled back toward the tail. don’t know the exact measurements

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Just did some measuring.

6'2" Rusty Twin has rear of boxes @ 8.5"
5'7" Banjo is 8.25"
5'10 Lightbender is 8.0"

• Love
Reactions: jkb and sdsrfr