Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Greg does fins for the board:

Reactions: chilly1

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Not interested in anything Greg related.

The Rusty looks interesting but a little more like a modern thruster but with a twin rear end than I would like. Would like a more short/wide sort of front end with a tail pulled more than a fish. The Alpha Omega looks pretty interesting. A custom MR without the trailer would be good too. Also that Daniel Jones looks really sick props for calling it the Rick Cane model. Go get it Roger...

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Maybe look at the Stacey Bullet Twin

I had a local shaper (Dan Cobley out of Hermosa Beach) make as close a copy as we could figure out through internet images and it was surprisingly good for quick little beach break waves. I could go pretty square off the bottom into a backside top turn/hit and there was great hold. Same thing with frontside wraps, great hold. The fins were set at 7.25".

I've been on super light boards for the last couple of years (CI Spine-tek, Varial), so the board in PU with full color felt really heavy to me in comparison and I ultimately sold it pretty quickly. If I had the same board at a weight closer to my other boards I definitely would have kept it and it may have taken the go-to spot from my NB2.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
The Bullet Twin looks really good as I'm a sucker for round tails. CI is supposed to be working on something like that with Mikey February but no idea when/if it's coming. Don't love CI's but they are easy to get locally.

Reactions: Aruka and ChaseTMP