Mitch McConnell's speech today

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ok?

I'm not saying the guy has always been a great leader. I'm also not saying he was operating completely altruistically yesterday. I am saying he gave a solid speech and displayed bipartisan leadership at a moment of crisis. Yes, he took a few partisan cracks, but in general, he did the right thing in that instance
He's never been a great leader and he's always been a cancer on this country. He played a gambit to set up his tenure as Minority Whiner and prevent the same intensity/turnout issues he saw two days ago from showing up in 2022.

Look at the kid they interviewed after the woman got shot. That kid specifically said "they think $2k checks are a joke" when listing his grievances. Josh Hawley (R) wants $2k. Bernie wants $2k. Biden promised $2k.

Look at the minimum wage vote in Florida, or the Medicaid expansion in Oklahoma voted on by the people. People have had it with Mitch's sh!t. Across the board.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
He's never been a great leader and he's always been a cancer on this country. He played a gambit to set up his tenure as Minority Whiner and prevent the same intensity/turnout issues he saw two days ago from showing up in 2022.

Look at the kid they interviewed after the woman got shot. That kid specifically said "they think $2k checks are a joke" when listing his grievances. Josh Hawley (R) wants $2k. Bernie wants $2k. Biden promised $2k.

Look at the minimum wage vote in Florida, or the Medicaid expansion in Oklahoma voted on by the people. People have had it with Mitch's sh!t. Across the board.
Not to mention corrupt as they come, The fooking scumbag blocked healthcare help for coal miners, yet the tards still vote for him.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I'm not defending his political career, he's done tons of crap I disagree with. The only recent thing I could think of that he's done which I liked in the other thread about him was legalizing hemp in the Farm Bill in 2018.

That said, how many of you actually listened to the thing?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I'm not defending his political career, he's done tons of crap I disagree with. The only recent thing I could think of that he's done which I liked in the other thread about him was legalizing hemp in the Farm Bill in 2018.

To paraphrase Churchill, after exhausting every other possibility he did the right thing, albeit for completely self serving reasons.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA

I listened to part of and just couldn't. F*ck that guy. Plus his voice is just terrible.

Heard some decent speeches last night; Duckworth and Sasse were good, imo.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Ethos matters.

Why is that so hard for you to get?

There's nothing he or Trump can say that will redeem their vile behavior, absolutely nothing.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Not to mention corrupt as they come, The fooking scumbag blocked healthcare help for coal miners, yet the tards still vote for him.
GDaddy will tell you they’re voting in their own self interest because they feel that’s the case lol.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Actions speak louder than words. He said the right things this past week but he’s beyond redemption. He has a long history of extreme partisan fuckery and he’s been right back at it with how he’s handling impeachment.

Reactions: Woke AF