Mitch McConnell's speech today

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
The years of obstruction to everything Obama. The great enabler of all Trump wanted. All his fckery with the supreme court.

Today he just lost everything and now he talks like a reasonable man, speaking like someone to be listened to and trusted.
WTF
If that is not the definition of a weasel politician...

Anyone who forgets what he is really about is truly an idiot.

Reactions: Aruka

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
The years of obstruction to everything Obama. The great enabler of all Trump wanted. All his fckery with the supreme court.

Today he just lost everything and now he talks like a reasonable man, speaking like someone to be listened to and trusted.
WTF
If that is not the definition of a weasel politician...

Anyone who forgets what he is really about is truly an idiot.
Exactly. McConnell used Trump to get what he and other ultra-conservatives wanted. Trump was a puppet.

Reactions: Mr Doof

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
ok?

I'm not saying the guy has always been a great leader. I'm also not saying he was operating completely altruistically yesterday. I am saying he gave a solid speech and displayed bipartisan leadership at a moment of crisis. Yes, he took a few partisan cracks, but in general, he did the right thing in that instance

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
ok?

I'm not saying the guy has always been a great leader. I'm also not saying he was operating completely altruistically yesterday. I am saying he gave a solid speech and displayed bipartisan leadership at a moment of crisis. Yes, he took a few partisan cracks, but in general, he did the right thing in that instance
AGAIN, FCUK OFF

• Haha
Reactions: rice

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
ok?

No one is asking him to behave altruistically, but he could operate with American's best interests in mind. He wasn't doing that yesterday. He also wasn't displaying leadership. He was saving face, that's it. Mitch only cares about Mitch, nothing else.

And now he's gonna pay for it, because he never stood up to Trump once in four years. People of Georgia voted him out of his position of power on Tuesday.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
“Media’s baseless claims about election interference in 2016”

Sure Mitch. That explains all the pardons last month. Dude should retire.

Reactions: afoaf

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I largely agree, which is why this speech stands out for me. I'm sure he's positioning himself for the post trump era... and most of what he said in that speech was a unifying message with a call to avoid the lunacy.
Nah.

You're reaching. He's trying to flip the script and wash the Trump off of him. If you want to fall for that, go for it.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
this was gross on day one, not just yesterday
Yet it took some 5 years to realise that.

Some are still clinging to it.

And people who screeched TDS!! TDS!! all these years while ignoring Trump diarrheaing all over the American democracy, the Constitution and inciting unrest and violence are the absolute worst.

We all now that GrossDad is stupid, Squidley is insane and Billy is sex deprived but what's @grapedrink @Ifallalot and @the janitor 's excuse?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Yet it took some 5 years to realise that.

Some are still clinging to it.

And people who screeched TDS!! TDS!! all these years while ignoring Trump diarrheaing all over the American democracy, the Constitution and inciting unrest and violence are the absolute worst.

We all now that GrossDad is stupid, Squidley is insane and Billy is sex deprived but what's @grapedrink @Ifallalot and @the janitor 's excuse?
Ifail is now trying to act as impartial observer, soo fooking dishonest.

Reactions: plasticbertrand