Minor wound care, prevent the crater

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GF had her thyroid out this morning, zero stitches all glue. She can shower immediately. It’s pretty wild. Glue is the future.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Tomorrow will be 20 days since I had a seemingly minor bicycle crash. Biking in the dark I snagged my tire on the edge of a slight transition between surfaces and went down at full speed. Could have been really bad but slid out of it and hopped right up and continued the ride. Knee was stinging a bit but didn't think much of it. Didn't put a hole in my pants or anything. When I got home I had a pretty decent brush burn a little bigger than a quarter on my knee. Over the next couple of days this thing turned cherry red and became very painful. Now here I am on day 19 and just yesterday I feel like it has turned the corner and is finally improving. Tried everything to get this thing to heal. Never had something so silly keep me out of the water for this long. Its right in the worst spot if you're going to put on a wetsuit and bend your knee.
After this thing from early December took a solid month and a half to heal I was packing up for a surf trip a week and a half ago.......I was on my knees packing up my board bag and I got a pinching sensation that the delicate skin over the old wound had torn beneath the surface. Over the next five days it turned into the mess pictured below. Middle of last week I thought I might end up in a hospital in Puerto Rico with an infection. Kept it packed with antibiotic ointment and the blister ultimately burst on its own. Within 24 hours it looked and felt much better. Now I'm back to square one with the healing process.

328991537_515698637415495_2905756723207755363_n.jpg

Last edited: