Minnesota Officials Link Arrested Looters to White Supremacist Groups

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Department of Safety Commissioner John Harrington said they are contact-tracing the arrested and added that an investigation is underway about white nationalist groups posting online to encourage their members to use the protests as a cover to create chaos.

He said some of the 40 arrests made in the Twin Cities Friday night were of people linked to white supremacist groups and organized crime.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
15 seconds? (I have zero knowledge of courthouse news.com. Could be Russian for all I know).

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I say wait 12-24 hours to see how this story shakes out.

Well here's some shakeout....

Minnesota Democrats: 'White Supremacists' Instigating Race Riots

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minnesota Democrat Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan accused “white supremacists” on Saturday of instigating and participating in the widespread riots and looting in her state over the police killing of state resident George Floyd.

Flanagan indicated that gangs of white supremacists are taking advantage of the anarchy unfolding in the Twin Cities to sow more chaos.

“People should be able to come together … and mourn and grieve and demand change and justice in policing and every other racist system that we have that has been part of this state,” Flanagan, the first Native American lieutenant governor in Minnesota, declared.

“But in this moment, we cannot because there are detractors,” she continued. “There are white supremacists. There are anarchists. There are people who are burning down the institutions that are core to our identity and who we are.”

Flanagan did not name any particular white supremacist group or offer evidence of their presence there......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm neither defending anyone nor indicting anyone besides the Minnesota Lt Governor. If she can't show evidence then it never happened, and she's a liar.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Lie

Meanwhile, St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter is backtracking after saying that 100 percent of the people arrested for causing disorder in his city were from out of state.

Three-quarters of the people arrested in St. Paul had Minnesota addresses, according to data provided to FOX 9 by police.

Of the 18 total arrests, 12 had Minnesota addresses, four were from out of state, and two were unknown.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
GromsDad said:
Its an election year and the democrats have a shitty nominee that doesn't stand a chance. Its no more complex than that. I've been predicting riots this summer for months. Now they are here.
kidfury said:
Are you serious? The way you think the world works is wrong.

So, if the Dems had a good candidate there'd be no rioting?

These riots are not about race. The murderer was arrested and charged with murder. His cop enablers were fired. The rioters are simply people who hate America and everything it stands for. On the national scene some influence is driving America away from destruction, and they can't stand it .....just like you.

Now what do you suppose that influence could be? .....Hmmmmm?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Department of Safety Commissioner John Harrington said they are contact-tracing the arrested and added that an investigation is underway about white nationalist groups posting online to encourage their members to use the protests as a cover to create chaos.

He said some of the 40 arrests made in the Twin Cities Friday night were of people linked to white supremacist groups and organized crime.
If White Supremacists are committing crimes such as arsons, assaults, inciting riots, etc- lock em up. Same goes for Antifa, locals, whomever. I do not doubt that there are white supremacists who are using this as an opportunity to make BLM look worse by covertly committing crimes that they can blame on blacks. However there are also left wing anarchists who are using BLM as a cover so that they can attack businesses as an F U to capitalism.

Which is kind of the problem with riots. The diffusion of responsibility knife cuts both ways.

Reactions: Ifallalot