Minimal Quiver: 4 Boards Max

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
for me
1. von sold mantra: still magic after all these years. makes you a hero in small waves

2. Superbrand Fling: what more can i say. best hp gravel boar. ride as a thrusty for max shreddage.

3. Stamps shadow. best daily driver i’ve ridden (giggle box next). rocker feels natural and it just goes. always surprises me in how it helps a middle aged kook get tiger sheds.

4. some sort of stap i’d ride only couple times a year. would go big like a 6’4 or 6’6

BrownFish

Michael Peterson status
Mar 5, 2005
This is my exact 4 board quiver that I'm riding right now. Granted, I'm 52 now, so I've got a lot of different ideas going on in my head than I did even 10 years ago. I am very happy with all four boards, but, they could be easily interchanged with many other models out these days. Except the Connolly, that's a keeper that should last me a good 10-15 years. I'm pretty sure DK will shape many of my boards in the future as he's a great guy and makes great boards (him and MB having a shop a mile from my house doesn't hurt). Also, I've always had great results with Mattisons designs, they just work. I recently got rid of my Manta, boredom finally kicked in. My sons friend bought it, but I'm sure I'll have another in the future.

1) CI Rocketwide, spine-tek- for when I feel like I need to ride a shortboard
2) 5'8 DK Keel Fish, EPS
3) 6'0 Machado Go-Fish (Custom EPS, NOT FW, best friend gave it to me, and it's so much fun), this is my idea of a mid-length
4) 10' Kevin Connolly Log

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
10'6" mitsven glider
5'9" stamps fluse
Slightly enlarged stamps gx maybe 6'1?
Wider outline 6'6" with gunny tail. 5 fin config either from rusty or mitsven

it's really fvcking sad that it makes my stomach uneasy thinking about only 4 boards

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
5'8 CI Neck Beard 2 in Varial (it's hideous, but works so good in almost everything)
5'11 CI Fever in Spine-Tek (got demoted once I got the NB2, but a great board when the waves are firing)
5'6 Pyzel Astro Pop in XTR (hopefully finished next week and goes well in the small stuff)

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
5'10 Pyzel Astro Twinnie - Fish/Semi grovel/DD
6'3 Pyzel Ghost - DD/Step-up
6'6 Bourton Reef Swallow - Proper Step-up
7'6 Webster Spartan - Gun

Reactions: trifish and Aruka

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Current 4 board winter rotation.

5'8" Panda Dolly Dagger modern twin plus trailer- anything under head high
6'1" Ghost- anything over head high to DOH if no current
6'6" Desert Storm anything over HH to DOH+ with current, or DOH +++ with no current
7'6" Desert Storm DOH +++ with current, wind etc etc

edit: we're almost on exactly the same page Maz.

just had epic week of waves and rotated through all three good wave boards.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
"edit: we're almost on exactly the same page Maz.

just had epic week of waves and rotated through all three good wave boards."

Did you ride the 7'6 DS at the Point? Damn!

Yep, I'd rather leave out sh!t-wave boards like my longboard, and keep the real spicy ones. It was a toss-up between the Bourton and the 6'10 Desert Storm, and if you ask me in two weeks, the DS might just win.

In reality, while I could easily do a 4-board quiver, I'll just hang onto the magic ones forever. They don't owe me anything, but have given me so much joy; I owe it to them and their shapers to keep them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MathDebater

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
possible in SoCal where it rarely gets DOH+, anywhere with decent surf consistently and you gon be SOL when the real waves actually arrive.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'll just hang onto the magic ones forever. They don't owe me anything, but have given me so much joy; I owe it to them and their shapers to keep them.

I have a few buckled/broken ones that were magic. I'll keep them forever. It's fun to take them out every year and remember what they feel like. Sometimes they surprise you based on what you're currently riding.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
"edit: we're almost on exactly the same page Maz.

just had epic week of waves and rotated through all three good wave boards."

Did you ride the 7'6 DS at the Point? Damn!

Yep, I'd rather leave out sh!t-wave boards like my longboard, and keep the real spicy ones. It was a toss-up between the Bourton and the 6'10 Desert Storm, and if you ask me in two weeks, the DS might just win.

In reality, while I could easily do a 4-board quiver, I'll just hang onto the magic ones forever. They don't owe me anything, but have given me so much joy; I owe it to them and their shapers to keep them.
yeah, and it's had a few go outs this year/ been some epic days.

Reactions: Maz