Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
My Ghostbuster has roll vee in the nose to a fairly substantial single concave

Stamps WTF single to double with vee

Can't go wrong View attachment 91440View attachment 91441
retodd, can you sound off about the characteristics in onshore/texture/devil wind between the two?

Is the ghostbuster better in light onshore soft walls and the Stamps better at accelerating from pumping but feels a bit more catchy?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
retodd, can you sound off about the characteristics in onshore/texture/devil wind between the two?

Is the ghostbuster better in light onshore soft walls and the Stamps better at accelerating from pumping but feels a bit more catchy?
Fin placement on the Stamps is further back - less catchy than a forward plcement keeping you further up = Catchy ;-)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fin placement on the Stamps is further back - less catchy than a forward plcement keeping you further up = Catchy ;-)
I see; so even though one has convex bottom forward, and one has concave, my assumption that the belly/vee forward board is better in texture/onshore shouldn't be made in isolation with respect to other design elements?

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
It depends on if you want a full on traditional mimi-sim or a hybrid.

The full on traditional ones are belly to deep single concave. I don't know if any of the old hydrodynamica photos are still up, but they are pretty clear on the bottoms.

Some are more modern HP bottoms and everything in between. The rails are "important" too. Traditionally, they start all the way up in the nose and all the way down in the tail - again very much a hull type rail line.

Personally, I prefer a hybrid - belly to single inside the belly, customized to the fin sets

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
In gutless mush GB wins . Texture or not
Stamps is super versatile in everything and if it was bigger it would still be in the quiver.

Stamps is 5-5 @ 33 cl and my current daily drivers are now north of 34