Milk.....done?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Milk has too much sugar
I use heavy cream because it's got the most fat and the least sugar
(for my coffee and when recipes call for milk)

when they reduce the fat in milk, they offset with sugar.

my youngest eats his cereal without milk because he's a fkn weirdo
so I don't even buy it at the store anymore.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Kids eat such weird sh!t sometimes

I just hope my kids aren't close enough that they play a toaster game in almond milk baths when they're grown

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
they never really explained that, did they?

who knocked up his paralegal chick?

I really like that show...this season was a little loosey goosey though

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
they never really explained that, did they?

who knocked up his paralegal chick?

I really like that show...this season was a little loosey goosey though
They never explained the relationship between the Blackwaters, but the FBI agent from Season 2 knocked up the blonde Armenian lawyer.

The episode where he met Applebee's in Season 2 and was being held hostage was really good, so I think they tried to hold that tone over the whole season in Season 3. That meant the whole season started out a little weird but was really good by the time it was all resolved. Good show.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the motorcycle riding chick was cool...she is in The Mandalorian
and Westworld.

she is really pretty...she's got that racially ambiguous look

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I use heavy cream because it's got the most fat and the least sugar
(for my coffee and when recipes call for milk)

when they reduce the fat in milk, they offset with sugar.

my youngest eats his cereal without milk because he's a fkn weirdo
so I don't even buy it at the store anymore.
Not sure if you meant that in a literal sense? It’s not that “they” add sugar, it’s that as fat goes down, protein goes up in conjunction with lactose, which is where the carbs come from.

That’s what I like about the Fair Life milk. They have some sort of filtration method that removes some of the lactose and adds protein. Stuff is $$$, no way I’d buy that if I had kids in the house.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Not sure if you meant that in a literal sense? It’s not that “they” add sugar, it’s that as fat goes down, protein goes up in conjunction with lactose, which is where the carbs come from.

That’s what I like about the Fair Life milk. They have some sort of filtration method that removes some of the lactose and adds protein. Stuff is $$$, no way I’d buy that if I had kids in the house.
I guess what I mean, observationally, is that when you go from 2% to 1% and down
to no-fat milk, the sugar content goes up linearly.

I think when the fat/lactose come out, they are rebalancing the flavor by adding
sugar.

I could be wrong.

all I know for sure is that heavy cream has the lowest amount of sugar

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I guess what I mean, observationally, is that when you go from 2% to 1% and down

I think when the fat/lactose come out, they are rebalancing the flavor by adding
sugar.

I could be wrong.

If they added sugar, it would be on the label. Otherwise the carbs are from the lactose, which is inversely related with the fat content. Which explains why heavy cream has almost no carbs.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Milk really isn’t designed for human consumption, it’s design is to get baby calf’s as large and strong as possible. Plus it’s filled with puss and bacteria. Pasteurization helps to clean it up but the process zaps all of the nutrition out of it. I feel like sh!t after drinking milk.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Everyone is drinking almond & oat milk now
There’s no such thing as almond milk or oat milk.

Also it takes 23 gallons of water to produce one glass of almond water. 98% of all almonds in the US (and 90% of the world supply) come from.....

Drought stricken California.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

sugar.

I could be wrong.

No it’s not sugar that’s added.

The fat in milk contains no carbohydrate. When the fat is removed it is replaced with more milk which increases the total carbs.

Imagine you have a 2 gallon bucket that is half full of sugar water and half full of bacon grease.

You have in the bucket 1 gallon of sugar water and 1 gallon of grease.

Now if you remove all the grease you need to fill the bucket back up (because you can’t sell a half empty bucket). So you just put more sugar water in it.

Now you have 2 gallons of sugar water instead of one. But it’s the same bucket.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

It’s finally recognized that lactose intolerance is a major problem. Lactose intolerance is age and gender related. By age 45 about half of all men are intolerant of lactose.

The catalyst which turns lactose into glucose is lactase. The mechanism for releasing lactase is contained in the villi structures on the intestinal lining. The villi are eroded by autoimmune reactions to harmful bacteria in the presence of, particularly, wheat and sugar.

Besides that, many people have autoimmune reactions to the protein casein A1 in Holstein milk. Holstein milk is the dominant milk in western markets because Holstein cows produce more milk. I noticed that my local Costco now carries A2 milk from pure Guernsey cows. Supposedly it contains no casein A1.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Northern Europeans do better with milk.

Asians on the other hand.

It's like their kryptonite.

"Where are your super powers now, Asian Man! Oh, and I do think I'll have another delcious slice of cheese!"

--Black Plague survivor descendant out! :poop:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Northern Europeans do better with milk.

Asians on the other hand.

It's like their kryptonite.

"Where are your super powers now, Asian Man! Oh, and I do think I'll have another delcious slice of cheese!"

--Black Plague survivor descendant out! :poop:

What you say is correct the in the way you say it. However, your assessment gives a false impression to North Americans of northern European heritage. A huge percentage of American northern-Euro types also have American Indian DNA. American Indian DNA is Asian DNA. This means, and is born out by the numbers, that milk intolerance is a much more significant problem among American whites than it is among European whites.