Mid length twinzer

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
mid lengths + webbed paddling gloves + boost propeller fins + reef booties with board shorts = summer 2021

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Just wait till you encounter SUP foilers at one of your spots:socrazy:
Just wait till you encounter SUP foilers at one of your spots:socrazy:
Too late, I kind of put them in the same category though. Thats bad. The scariest ever is sharing the lineup with begginer kiteboards (who think they rip hards enough to come close and its safe-this goes for the SUP category too), Id feel safer back paddling Johnny Boy Gomes than enduring that horror again.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
mid lengths + webbed paddling gloves + boost propeller fins + reef booties with board shorts = summer 2021
these are all the beginners that started surfing on wavestorms during the work from home covid bs. they are now graduating to midlengths. CI was smart to sell them to all these kooks. cha-ching!

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I really like my mid length boards. Originally bought as a small crowded wave alternative but after surfing shortboards (albeit now mostly morphed stubby versions) for over 35 years I find the mid length ride refreshing and addicting. They do turn and the glide is addicting. It's hard to imagine by watching most people ride them it's more of a feel. That being said I have put mine away for Fall/Winters good waves. There is a place for everything but just not all in the same place for safety's sake. I just think its better for someone to master something more manageable so that they don't endanger others around them and stick with either Mid lengths and longboards away from crowds or a board that you can duck dive. Otherwise I guess I prefer to be surrounded by wavestorms.

Reactions: kidfury

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
pl

please show this board you speak of, thanks
IMG_3898.JPG

Surfed it late morning today in pretty crappy waves with some wind. Board is fast, loose, and likes to be surfed
off of that fin cluster, yet can still trim through flat spots and then get up and go again if the wave does.
Not a point-and-shoot trim midlength, it likes rider input and can whip around. Very fun.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
View attachment 99088

Surfed it late morning today in pretty crappy waves with some wind. Board is fast, loose, and likes to be surfed
off of that fin cluster, yet can still trim through flat spots and then get up and go again if the wave does.
Not a point-and-shoot trim midlength, it likes rider input and can whip around. Very fun.
thanks for posting. Too many on my mind to get and Mabile is back in town next month.

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
View attachment 99088

nice funshape

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
hou

you cannot go wrong with one of his boards and his pricing is great.
it's great to know he is still at it! I had a magic twinzer fish long time back and rode it until the glass basically disegrated (so to speak), that board had me stoked on 1' surf! I actually reached out to him and before and was yet to pull trigger and then poof!

Reactions: grg

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
View attachment 99088

If that's the board I'm thinking about its a sick one. Has a very interesting rocker for a long-board/mid-length. lol.
Oceanslide's tall swimmer-like physique looks very good riding that thing!